I Finally Bought My First Uke!!!!!!! :::::::Jeff Goldblum Dance:::::::

Clobbersaurus

Reaction score
After over 4 years of indecision, and over a year on here asking questions, I took a chance with something I saw by accident on fleabay, and the short of it is...I FINALLY BOUGHT MY FIRST UKE!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170637829093&si=xKMtCPU%252FW8r9Z76gPyH48vZ7ACY%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

It's a Kala ASAC-C Solid Acacia Concert.

I am NOT the type of person who buys anything used on fleabay because you never know what you're going to get, but his description made me feel okay with it. I saw it by accident while looking for a Kala KA-CEM. I didn't think I would win it, especially after looking up the prices some sell for. But I took a shot and won!

This is my first uke. I am going to learn on it, and play until I get blisters and calluses, and hug him and squeeze him and call him George(a little Looney Tunes reference there). But seriously, it is my first, and I don't know how to play a single note yet. But I read some reviews that were good of people who really liked theirs.

So that's it. Now to pay, wait for it to arrive, and then freak out over not knowing how to play. hahaa Then coming back here with even more questions than I had before I bought this. So I hope you'll all bear with me. :D

And if anyone has any experience with this model, please share as I am anxious for any tips and/or what I should look forward to in terms of care.

Thank you for letting me have this moment of your time.

Congratulations on your new uke. Never played one but from the photos and vids and reviews I've seen, you picked a winner. Been considering getting the tenor for a bit, but may just stick with mahogany. Good luck!

It is a very popular model. I've played the tenor version and it played and sounded very nice. For a first or even second, third uke you did quite well.

Congratulations!

John

Aloha Clobbersaurus,
Congratulations on your new Kala ....Happy Strummings..

Last edited:
Aloha! and congrats on your new uke. I actually played a concert Kala acacia a couple of days ago and it was suhweet! You'll love it. I love your description of your upcoming progression into being a uke player. I think most of us have gone thru all the phases (including the naming for many of us). Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Never played that model before, but I own 3 Kala uke's and I've been very pleased with the quality of their instruments. I'm sure you will be very happy with yours. CONGRATS!

Aloha! and congrats on your new uke. I actually played a concert Kala acacia a couple of days ago and it was suhweet! You'll love it.

That is nice to hear. I was really leaning towards Mahogany, but the chance to get this was too good to pass up.

Thanks, all! I know there is a lot of love for Kala, and that is one of the reasons I wanted to start with one.

Holy Cow you have been on the forum for a whole year and you are just now buying your first uke!?! Know one is going to accuse you of being an impulse buyer.
Congratulations on your new ukulele. You will do fine playing it. It is fun, an adventure, and you are at the right place to ask questions.

Congrats, you started off with a nice one it looks like. I have always been a Mahogany dude, but lately been messing with Acacia, and I tell ya, I really love the tones resonating from Acacia. Still love my Mahogs, but, at least I can consider myself a little more diverse, lol..

the wait is gonna kill ya, so keep coming back here for support.. ;)

Congratulations! I have a Kala acacia tenor and like it a lot. My co-worker just bought a Kala acacia concert from the UU Marketplace and she's fallen in love with it.

Same as mine! It leans more towards a mellow sound - I really like it. I don't have any care problems here in Ireland but we don't have any real humidity issues either. Hope you like the sound.

Holy Cow you have been on the forum for a whole year and you are just now buying your first uke!?! Know one is going to accuse you of being an impulse buyer.
Congratulations on your new ukulele. You will do fine playing it. It is fun, an adventure, and you are at the right place to ask questions.

hahaaa Thanks! Yes. I am pretty picky. I've been to a bunch of shop to see and get the feel of so many models, and now the one I buy is one that I don't think I've ever even seen in a store before. The biggest blind buy of my life, but I had to jump at it otherwise who knows how much longer it would have been before I bought one. I am honestly a little afraid, but you're right, after being here for a year I know this is the place to ask questions. Thanks.

Congrats, you started off with a nice one it looks like. I have always been a Mahogany dude, but lately been messing with Acacia, and I tell ya, I really love the tones resonating from Acacia. Still love my Mahogs, but, at least I can consider myself a little more diverse, lol..

the wait is gonna kill ya, so keep coming back here for support.. ;)

hahaha Thanks. I really like what I've heard from different Mahogany's, and up until I put my bid in for this I was going to buy a Mahogany as my first, but I got lucky. But I do think there will be a Mahogany in my future, so long as my stubborn fingers can learn to play.

Congratulations! I have a Kala acacia tenor and like it a lot. My co-worker just bought a Kala acacia concert from the UU Marketplace and she's fallen in love with it.

Very cool. Good stuff.

Same as mine! It leans more towards a mellow sound - I really like it. I don't have any care problems here in Ireland but we don't have any real humidity issues either. Hope you like the sound.

Awesome! Glad to hear you have one and you like it. How long were you playing before you bought it?

Top Bottom