Nongdam is here!!

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi guys

My wife got me a Koaloha Tenor Uke for my 40th Bday. It's my first and only Uke...maybe I'll get another for my 50th??? Love this website and hope to have many posts in the future...peace

Hey Nongdam,

Your wife is a keeper! I got a Moore Bettah for my 50th so I hope you get one too!

Welcome! You have come to the right place. Wow, Koaloha.....helluva starter uke! Will only help you learn better.

Hello.. and welcome to UU.. Nice birthday gift!! Happy one to you!! if you are anything like the rest of us.. you will get a new uke on every birthday up to that one too.. and then some.. :)

Thanks everyone. My wife actually told me to get a Kamaka but I was able to save money by getting a factory second from Koaloha. I didn't want to splurge too much for an instrument I have no idea about.

I knew nothing about Ukes but this site led me to the Koaloha. I hope I don't get too spoiled with this "starter". If you start with a Koaloha, what do you get next? My ear might be spoiled. At least when I started guitar, I started with a Ovation and moved on to Taylor but with Ukes??? I guess it's a good dilema to have.

Fitncrafty, you are right in the sense that I already told my wife that I will need another one since my Uke is strung with the Low G. hahaha

Hey nongdam,

Wow, your first uke is a KoAloha tenor. I am truly and righteously Jealous. But now i have a KoAloha tenor too, so i shall tone down on that! (Took me 2 ukes to get to finally get to the koaloha tenor)

But anyways, have fun with your KoAloha!

Aloha Nongdam,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele..have fun and enjoy..you have a good wife there...happy belated birthday....Google Musicteacher2010 and keonepax for awesome ukulele
video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords and instructions....You must just have been in hawaii or live here to buy from the factory and got your seconds tenor..Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Actually, never been to the factory so everything was based on trust. Based on reviews I read, people said these are very consistent sounding and besides, I don't know what I'm looking for as I've never played a Uke.

My inlaws live there so I asked them to give the money to them to get a small cash discount.

Nothing wrong with getting a KoAloha for your first uke. I got a KoAloha concert for my first uke and I don't regret it at all. And now I have 3 (with a fourth coming) other ukes as well. Have fun!

Top Bottom