PDA

View Full Version : Uke Lesson 8 - Red and Silky

anaka
08-01-2008, 04:31 PM
If you haven't tried it out yet, here's the link! - http://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/08/01/uke-lessons-8-red-and-silky/

Post your version, or comment the heck out of the box below!

<~/UkeDude\~>
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
BEST LESSON EVA! !! ! !
:music:

I'll have a vid tomorrow lol xP
Well maybe :o

Dominator
08-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Smooth and Silky fo sure.

Poi Dog
08-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Awesome! I was hoping Red & Silky would be in a lesson sometime! WOOHOO!!

polynesianpop
08-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Awesome lesson -- what a treat!

experimentjon
08-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Great lesson. Now I just need to sit down and get that solo part down. :)

Dominator
08-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey, what happened. I get a message the video is no longer available when I went back for a second listen.

1uke
08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Man every saturday I've just been hoping that this lesson would be featured. I emailed Aldrine about it a while ago and he said it was coming... Like a month later...... YEESSSSS!!!! My dream came true, now I can play it properly!!!!

freedive135
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for this!!!
Any excuse to see/hear you play.
Can't wait for my CD to get here!!!!

Soon I hope I can play this.

Thanks for slowing the lesson down for us SLOW folks!!!!!

And a BIG thanks to who ever is doing the video editing/layout this is the best setup lesson video yet.
Chords, strum diagrams, playback points on the time bar.
Each of the lessons are getting easier for new ukelele players like me to follow/use.

Now if I can figure out this Chunck thing!!!!

Dominator
08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Not sure what happened but it is working again. Sweet!

experimentjon
08-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for this!!!
Any excuse to see/hear you play.
Can't wait for my CD to get here!!!!

Soon I hope I can play this.

Thanks for slowing the lesson down for us SLOW folks!!!!!

And a BIG thanks to who ever is doing the video editing/layout this is the best setup lesson video yet.
Chords, strum diagrams, playback points on the time bar.
Each of the lessons are getting easier for new ukelele players like me to follow/use.

Now if I can figure out this Chunck thing!!!!

Aaron Nakamura does all of the video recording and editing. And I must agree that he does a very good job of it. You can see pictures of him recording film in the UU tour pictures.

And as for the chunking, I believe aldrine covered it in a previous lesson. I thought it was covered in a uke minutes, but after looking I guess it wasn't. I personally learned chunking from the IamHawaii lesson for Serenade/Harana. But yeah, all it takes is some practice and you can get it down!

UkuLeLesReggAe
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Not sure what happened but it is working again. Sweet!

hahahaha :D

took a while for it to load... and then i remebered... i have chores to do!!
so i cudnt watch it, what a waste of time, but i seen the 1st part :D

to everybody who has watched it, is it hard? :D

upskydowncloud
08-03-2008, 12:09 AM
hey I've watched it and it doesn't seem too hard. It's a good video! Thanks guys.

KosLooney
08-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Doh!..visiting my parents and only took my baritone uke with me wich is tuned DGBE:eek:

<~/UkeDude\~>
08-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Doh!..visiting my parents and only took my baritone uke with me wich is tuned DGBE:eek:

Haha brah, well if worse comes to worse you can always use a capo and barr the 5th fret lol xP
It'll still lack the high G but it should serve it's purpose ;)

Misguided Musician
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm ready to cover it, but all I need is the lyrics. Does anyone have them? and if you do please post.

experimentjon
08-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm ready to cover it, but all I need is the lyrics. Does anyone have them? and if you do please post.

Lyrics are here.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2355&page=2

But I was wondering, what is that note that aldrine bends in the solo? Is it just E string 7th fret?

Yay, I think I've got this one down...now time to make some progress on Jake's Touch.

Misguided Musician
08-05-2008, 05:16 AM
Thanc. I'll post my cover of it sometime this week hopefully.

hotnanas
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
it was about 5 months ago when I first stumbled upon the
DOWN UP CHUNK UP DOWN - UP UP CHUNK UP DOWN in another lesson. I couldn't do it back then. To my surprise, I got it down easy today! Now, does anyone remember where we encountered that pattern before?

experimentjon
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
DOWN UP CHUNK UP DOWN - UP UP CHUNK UP DOWN in another lesson. I couldn't do it back then. To my surprise, I got it down easy today! Now, does anyone remember where we encountered that pattern before?

I really want to say that it was from Wonderful Tonight. It's all about singing the pattern in your head. It makes it a lot easier.

hotnanas
08-06-2008, 05:05 AM
I really want to say that it was from Wonderful Tonight. It's all about singing the pattern in your head. It makes it a lot easier.

yep...went back and watched it...I'M IMPROVING!:nana:

Dilphat
08-08-2008, 08:07 PM

isn't harana/serenade also have that pattern? :confused:
and sweet, ima try watch the lesson and see if i can do it or not. lol. wish me luck!

Dane
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
no matter how many times and how many ways I try, I just can't get the chunk. I've read how to do it but I still isn't translating for me somehow. I have to know exactly what parts of the hand hit the strings and such, so I'm a bit confused.

EDIT: I had my question answered in another thread.

zigy11
10-19-2008, 06:11 AM
One of my favorite songs to play, kudos for teaching us all!!! I'll have to get a vid of my buddy and I(tenor/bari combo) recorded and on here...