New Ukulele Aquisition on its way. Guess what it is...

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well Fedex confirmed it. The package is on the vehicle for delivery. I'm pretty excited. This a new addition to The Ukulele Cowboy Society's ukulele collection. But rather than tell or show what it is (just yet) I thought that I would lay out some hints and see if you could figure it out.

So for all you instrument aficionados, here we go...

1. It is a vintage ukulele. Circa 1966.
2. This company produced one model of ukulele, a Baritone Model BU-11
3. They produced the instrument from 1964 - 1974
4. It is solid mahogany with a pin-style bridge
5. This instrument was manufactured in Hoboken, NJ
6. This is a fairly young company, and while known for their high quality instruments, didn't really start producing them until the mid-fifties.

That should be enough to pique one's interest. I would think that the manufacturing location might be the give-away. In any event, when I finally have this beauty in my hands, I will post photos and sound files.

Thanks!

Does it start with "G"?

Hoboken was a big clue (aren't new instruments being made in New Harford today?) Anyway, didn't know they had made a uke. Probably will be very cool to have and to play.

Man, I lived in Hoboken for years and never knew Guild was once in the Neumann Leathers Building until your post today. The UU...endless source of knowledge!

A Guild ukulele! Wow. My mom got a new Guild acoustic guitar in 1964. It's amazing. Sadly, in my early years of playing, I beat the hell out of it. But it's a great instrument.

Let us know how it sounds.

Hi All,

Well Fedex confirmed it. The package is on the vehicle for delivery. I'm pretty excited. This a new addition to The Ukulele Cowboy Society's ukulele collection. But rather than tell or show what it is (just yet) I thought that I would lay out some hints and see if you could figure it out.

So for all you instrument aficionados, here we go...

1. It is a vintage ukulele. Circa 1966.
2. This company produced one model of ukulele, a Baritone Model BU-11
3. They produced the instrument from 1964 - 1974
4. It is solid mahogany with a pin-style bridge
5. This instrument was manufactured in Hoboken, NJ
6. This is a fairly young company, and while known for their high quality instruments, didn't really start producing them until the mid-fifties.

That should be enough to pique one's interest. I would think that the manufacturing location might be the give-away. In any event, when I finally have this beauty in my hands, I will post photos and sound files.

Thanks!

Okay -- that was TWO WHOLE DAYS ago!!!

Where are the Pix?
The Sound sample?
The amazing music video with all of the flash pots, amps to 11, and orchestral backup??

Oops... forget that last part... Got kinda carried away...

Photos would be nice, though.

-Kurt

Top Bottom