PDA

View Full Version : Life is what happens ....

ConspiracyUkeist
05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
When you are doing other things.

That's a saying, that basically means, well, ever notice how you have these vivid memories of times when you were busy doing stuff, fully engaged in something?

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well. Maybe I'm not good with words.

But let me talk about my situation. I'm kind of "task saturated" as they say. Living on a big place with a bunch of animals and chores, plus bringing in money however I can, whether it's recycling, odd jobs, etc. Or reselling treasures I find at garage sales.

So it's all I've been able to do, to practice Uncle Rod's ukulele boot camp about daily. I'll go through each of the Practice Sheets 3-5 time and call it a practice. It takes about 15-20 minutes.

And I'm amazed, I'm learning the chords! And they're getting easier to form.

I WANT to practice for hours a day like some of you can, but I just don't have the time. I do my other stuff and then Oh, I'll do a little practice. Then the uke gets hung up until the next day.

This reminds me of the time I got into target shooting. I was working, and I'd bring my stuff to work (pistol, safety glasses etc) in a little Army tool bag to work, and after work I'd swing by the range and do a little practice. Looking back I'd not call it "quality" practice, but I didn't know any better at the time. I'd just bang away for half an hour or 45 minutes then go on home. When there was a competition, I was urged to compete, and I was 2nd to last. But I just kept on going. I spent months just chugging along, doing a bit of practice daily, before I started to show real evidence that I could get somewhere with it. I got places with it. But it all started with just chugging along, doing a little bit each day.

PhilUSAFRet
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
You know how the tortoise and the hare story turned out! Stop by here any ole time you need to and just chat. Hear good things about that little cordoba 15CM. Just keep on keepin on!

mm stan
05-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Aloha CU,
Yup, I bellieve in...Practice, Patience and Perseverence..is =Passion...