Finally found "the one"!

mthurman52

Reaction score
After months of searching I finally found the brand that attracted me the most, Ohana. And after of more searching I found the...wait for it... CK-50G. Most beautiful uke i have laid eyes on in the $200-$300 price range. The solid cedar top and solid rosewood back and sides were a selling point. Just one problem, friction tuners :O and just when I gave in to buying a uke with friction tuners a little sidebar from heaven popped up on the right. The sidebar read, "friction or geared tuners". I must say that i am in love and hope this we be a happy and long marriage. Till death do us part.

Will post pics when I get her in!

Yeah, where did you get it? There are a lot of WG or MG models but can't find GS models anywhere.

I bought it from Grizzly Entertainment. I just googled Ohana CK-50g and it popped up in "shopping"...then it gives you the option for geared or friction. Only negative thing about buying it from these places is they are not set up as well as, say, ukerepublic. So ill have to do it myself. :/ But what a deal!

Congrats, I hope it is all you want it to be. At lease you could be sure you got 100% of your moneys worth.

yeah i would not want a vendor to set up any of my ukes.... better to do it yourself so you don't have to undo someone elses work.

Aloha mthurman52,
Congratualtions on your new Ohana...have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

There has been a lot of discussion about friction vs geared tuners. Actually, you can fine tune better with geared tuners, but they are heavier than friction ones. On sopranos in general, friction tuners (good ones) are not as heavy and the Uke has better balance. My Kala soprano has the touted geared tuners, and the headstock is way too heavy. Good friction tuners can be adjusted so that they will not slip, and work fin on sopranos and concerts, particularly long neck models. I think you made a great choice with the Ohana! My top choice in that price range would be the Ohana or Mailnland. Kanile 'a is now releasing their new line of Islander ukes, and they will compete in this price range. From what I have heard of them so far, they will be killer ukes!!! Have a great time WITH YOUR NEW UKE!

After months of searching I finally found the brand that attracted me the most, Ohana. And after of more searching I found the...wait for it... CK-50G. Most beautiful uke i have laid eyes on in the $200-$300 price range. The solid cedar top and solid rosewood back and sides were a selling point. Just one problem, friction tuners :O and just when I gave in to buying a uke with friction tuners a little sidebar from heaven popped up on the right. The sidebar read, "friction or geared tuners". I must say that i am in love and hope this we be a happy and long marriage. Till death do us part.

Will post pics when I get her in!

That uke remains one of Ohana's biggest sellers. It is, indeed, a beautiful uke.

Welcome to the club. That's my favorite uke. Haven't found anything else, K brands included, that has the volume and guitar like sound with low G.
Alan

I have the tenor version and it's one of those instruments I would never sell.....

Top Bottom