anuenue bear rabbit U900 vs Honu

Huna

Reaction score
I have a Luna Honu soprano with the turtle Lazered on it. Theres also one you can get in pineapple. Now AnueNue has a U-900 that looks real similar but costs a bit more (like nearly double)... but the headstock is similar and the fretboard is similar .... and the Luna is touted as being like a Japanese High End Laminate... So, I am wondering if anyone has both the Luna and the AnueNue and can comment?

Why would you like another ukulele that looks similar to what you already have?? just wondering....

well would you compare the two ukes then? Lots of people think stuff and bad info abounds on this board. I would like to hear from those who touch and play these things.

SO, Huna, I've played both, but don't own either. One of the SE Ukers (disclosure: probably a distant blood relative/cousin as we share the same relatively rare surname) has owned one of the Luna pineapples for a LONG time & I've been able to play it several times. And I played the new aNueNue bear & rabbit a couple of weeks ago. I liked the pineapple so much I almost bought it on the spot! It sounded great!

I think that any difference between them is going to be how they were setup & the myriad differences that can occur from one uke to another of the same vendor.

If you like the aNueNue & you have the $$, buy it - there are THREE Makala dolphins in my house right now! (2 of them are my daughter's who wants one of each color!) I doubt you'd be disappointed in the sound or the look or even the construction.

Top Bottom