PDA

View Full Version : anuenue bear rabbit U900 vs Honu

Huna
05-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I have a Luna Honu soprano with the turtle Lazered on it. Theres also one you can get in pineapple. Now AnueNue has a U-900 that looks real similar but costs a bit more (like nearly double)... but the headstock is similar and the fretboard is similar .... and the Luna is touted as being like a Japanese High End Laminate... So, I am wondering if anyone has both the Luna and the AnueNue and can comment?

ukeeku
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I would think the aNueNue would be way better. the luna are a cheap uke with cool laser work. ver inconsistant when it comes to the playability.
Here is my review of the lunas
http://ukeeku.com/2010/11/15/luna-honu-tattoo-full-reviews/

mm stan
05-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Why would you like another ukulele that looks similar to what you already have?? just wondering....

Pippin
05-12-2011, 09:35 PM
aNueNue ukuleles are very high quality and sound fantastic.

Huna
05-13-2011, 05:22 AM
mmstan I don't know why I collect ukes lol

Huna
05-13-2011, 05:53 AM
I would think the aNueNue would be way better. the luna are a cheap uke with cool laser work. ver inconsistant when it comes to the playability.
Here is my review of the lunas
http://ukeeku.com/2010/11/15/luna-honu-tattoo-full-reviews/

well would you compare the two ukes then? Lots of people think stuff and bad info abounds on this board. I would like to hear from those who touch and play these things.

Gmoney
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
well would you compare the two ukes then? Lots of people think stuff and bad info abounds on this board. I would like to hear from those who touch and play these things.

SO, Huna, I've played both, but don't own either. One of the SE Ukers (disclosure: probably a distant blood relative/cousin as we share the same relatively rare surname) has owned one of the Luna pineapples for a LONG time & I've been able to play it several times. And I played the new aNueNue bear & rabbit a couple of weeks ago. I liked the pineapple so much I almost bought it on the spot! It sounded great!

I think that any difference between them is going to be how they were setup & the myriad differences that can occur from one uke to another of the same vendor.

If you like the aNueNue & you have the $$, buy it - there are THREE Makala dolphins in my house right now! (2 of them are my daughter's who wants one of each color!) I doubt you'd be disappointed in the sound or the look or even the construction.