epi Uke

trewblue

Reaction score
Just picked up a Epi Uke in vintage cherry burst. looks really cool and sounds amazing through my Vox AC4 w/1X12 cab. Just have to get used to the smaller frets!
trewblue

002fjd.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations ...Have Fun and Enjoy...Happy strummings and pickings...no worries you get plenty time to get used to..Ha ha...MM Stan

Welcome aboard, Trew!

What part of "Upstate" do you call home? Some of the NYC folks refer to anything north of Yonkers as "Upstate", but to me that designation goes to Plattsburgh and Watertown. Poughkeepsie is "Downstate". (g)

Also, where did you pick up the Epi? I've had one on order locally since mid-February, but bought mine from a Dealer in Rockford, Il who Pedalfreak works for. (Thanks again, Pedalfreak!)

My les paul is fine for the first 3-4 frets, but by the time you hit 12, the fretted 12 is fully 1/4 step higher than the harmonic. It needs a good setup, but I'm sorely lacking in confidence to try it. All I've done was to file down the corners of the nut, because they were pretty sharp.

I find the sound mellow unplugged, but I ran it through a VOX Mini 3 at Drome Sound recently, and it is tremendous on amp. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the one on order.

-Kurt

ksiegel, how are you? I live near Wurtsboro, NY. Been playing guitar for about 4 years. Have 4 Epi's--LP studio, Dot, G400sg, and a Nighthawk. Also have a fender Strat w/ SD pu's. I'm mainly into the Blues and use all Vox amps--VT15, AC4, w/1X12 custom cab(speaker is a University -Altec Lansing), and a DA5. Got all my stuff at Alto music in Middletown, NY. No problems with the uke. Did the fretboard w/guitar Honey and put on Aquila strings. It sounds really nice into the AC4.
004wkgz.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom