Makapili Acacia Concert Pineapple <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
Selling my Makapili solid acacia concert pineapple. I am the 2nd owner of this ukulele. Great tone, lots of volume...I just don't play it enough to justify keeping it. Here is the description written by the 1st owner (who I bought it from):

Makapili Ukuleles are 100% handmade by Luthier Thomas Macomson in his workshop in Italy. His ukulele design emphasis is on making a wonderful sounding instrument. This beautiful concert uke (15 inch concert scale) is made of 100% environmentally friendly solid woods: Acacia Confusa: Top, Back, sides, fretboard, bridge, head plate veneer (Urban Tree Removal) The neck is Spanish Cedar (Spanish style neck) (FSC certified. It has high quality Grover closed geared tuners and new Worth Clear strings. There are 17 frets, (14 to the body) with fret makers on 5,7,10,12 (I-San Shan wood inlaid strips serve as both the top and side marker). Frets are large, and comfortable. Bridge style - String through body. Wooden beads inside. There is a side sound port on this uke. The pineapple shape provides a lot of rich, full sound with the thin top and Worth clears. Dimensions: Neck width at nut is 1.37”. Body main length w/o heel 11.06" with the widest width at 7.5 " and depth is 2.75". The overall length is 24" (body fits a tenor case well). The uke is in like-new condition, no scratches or dents. It has a beautiful hand-rubbed oil finish. One of the best oil finishes I have seen. One of the tuner holes is just a slightly off of prefect. It tunes fine, and does not affect the instrument. You won’t see a Makapili uke come up for sale often. So get one while you can. I am the original owner of the uke. It was a difficult decision to sell, but here it is.

I bought it for $390, looking to get $350. Featherlight case (seen in pictures) and shipping to lower 48 are included.

Makapili1.jpg

Makapili2.jpg

Makapili3.jpg

Forgot to mention...I'll be out of town from Monday 5/16 to Thursday 5/19. If it sells before then, I'll get it packed and leave it with my shipping guy for UPS pickup on Monday. If it sells after, I won't be able to ship it out until Friday 5/20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom