Playing @ Braddah Iz's grave

ItsAMeCasey

Reaction score
I grew up listening to Braddah Iz's music and decided to pay some respect by playing a little tune at his grave. I went with a mashup of Brittni P's arrangement of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Jake S' Blue Roses Falling. Hope you guys enjoy! (was this was filmed at Hawaiian Memorial Park in Kaneohe HI)

What a wonderful way to start my day. Thank you.
Regards,
Ray

That is wonderful but, I thought his ashes were scattered at sea. No disrespect intented just thought I saw that on a memorial video.

Nice :)

Makes me miss Hawaii.

Really really lovely. A beautiful way to start the day.

Very nice, but the green beer bottle looks kind of "tacky"............

lol thanks for the comments guys! And the beer bottle was not mines! It was there when I got there lol. I'm only 18 and I can't legally drink alcohol!

Sorry to tell you Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole ashes were scattered into the Ocean at Makua Beach on Oahu. Howie the "green bottle" is a Heineken the great beer the Hawaiians love. I enjoyed plenty of them in my recent visit to kauai and I am sure IZ enjoyed a few of them.

"Help keep the Islands green drink a Heineken"

yeah, I realized that his ashes were scattered at the sea when I watched the video on youtube. I guess a more appropriate title would have been "playing at Braddah Iz's commemorative plaque" lol.

yeah, I realized that his ashes were scattered at the sea when I watched the video on youtube. I guess a more appropriate title would have been "playing at Braddah Iz's commemorative plaque" lol.

It was still a very nice tribute!!!! Mahalo for sharing with us!!!

Where is the plaque located in the park? Is it in that new section in the back? I know where Mackey Feary's grave is.

thanks molokinirum! And RonnieAloha, I wish I could tell you where the plaque is located but I really have no clue how to describe it :/ It's in a beautiful little area though!

Yeah, I was trying to figure it out from your video and I spent my kid days running around that park and fishing for Tilapia in the pond on the back side. None of the staff ever told us to stop and we would ride our bikes there a lot. I can't think of a place in the older section that was that heavily wooded so I figured it must be in the new section between the old part and the veterans cemetery.

Top Bottom