Pallet Tenor Ukulele

Timbuck

Reaction score
Now on E-bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270749033505
full.jpg

Beautiful uke. Shame - I think shipping would be a killer to United States. Good luck with the sale.

Whoever ends up with this is gonna be very happy. Looks cool and sounds cool. Good luck on the sale.

Let the bidding begin! Hope someone in the US buys it & takes it to UWC so everyone who goes can take a swing at playing it!

I'm winning! What a thrill to be the high bidder for mere seconds. I thought I'd kick start the auction. It is a very unique instrument.

Update: I think I was the high bidder for 38 seconds :)

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Buck,

When I buy this (By the way, THANK you for the next 7 days of anxiety and freakout-itude! AAAAAGH! My heart can't take this!), can I get you to string it low G for me before you send?

Thank you in advance,

The future owner of the Pallet-elele,

Uncle E

That is a cool looking uke. Some really out of the box building with that. Love those screw markers... That is really an inovative and creative detail.

I thought you were building it for yourself! I'm going to have to watch this one just to see the drama! Good luck, Mickey!

I vote we all defer to Uncle Elvis & let him bid what he may to win this one. UncleE will probably even build another "bindle" to suit this exquisite uke!

Maybe he could make one out of oranges crates or somethin'?

I must say, as much as I would love to have this uke and how well its appearance would match my house, I am likely going to let Uncle Elvis have it....sigh. His desire and likely his checkbook are greater than mine.

Maybe, just maybe I could convince Timbuck to do another, perhaps a sporano??

I vote we all defer to Uncle Elvis & let him bid what he may to win this one. UncleE will probably even build another "bindle" to suit this exquisite uke!

Thank you, brother, but it should go to who wants it the most and, with respect to Sir Buck, who pays the most. I wouldn't want him to make any less than the most possible money he can get for it.

I want it, though. I really, really do!

Maybe he could make one out of oranges crates or somethin'?

I was thinking about the bindle I would make for this. It'd be full-on hobo, wine crates (we don't get orange crates here, but that would be GORGEOUS!) and found objects, antique fixtures... all sanded smooth and sleek, like this gorgeous creature here.
The juxtaposition of the beat up pallet and the beautiful finish he put on it are what appeals to me so much. The beauty from the rough and tumble.

If you'll forgive the crudity, Timbuck has almost literally polished a turd!

the one thing that I'd love to do, if I made a bindle for this, is figure out a way to hide a victrola speaker cone of some sort in it.

I must say, as much as I would love to have this uke and how well its appearance would match my house, I am likely going to let Uncle Elvis have it....sigh. His desire and likely his checkbook are greater than mine.

I'm not so sure about the checkbook! But the desire is absolutely there!

He already has the "pallet uke kit" ready to do that soprano!

and remember, I gotta pay for this thing to come to Bermuda, if I win it!

Time to settle in to obsessively hitting the "Refresh" button on the page, for an entire week.

Top Bottom