Uke goddess Amanda Palmer arrested in Amsterdam

ukulefty

Reaction score
Apparently she held a mini ukulele concert in a public place, which she organised over Twitter. The local police, who didn't see the bright side of her performing so close to a war memorial and without permission arrested her for it after 20 minutes!

indeed the manwomanbearpig was just jalous of amanda's looks xD

Does anyone know what happened to the ukulele?

Isn't this the same country that allows pot-smoking in "coffeehouses" & legalized prostitution complete w/window shopping??!! :wtf:

Here's more of the story. The YouTube video of the arrest embedded in this article has been "removed by the user."

http://www.spinner.com/2011/05/11/amanda-palmer-reportedly-arrested-amsterdam/

This is from another article:

And after her May 11 snafu in Amsterdam, it seems Palmer needs to be cautious about more than just posting revealing posts online.

"What they technically nailed me for was an open container," says the singer regarding her arrest during her impromptu "ninja gig" at Dam Square. "A fan handed me a beer which is technically illegal in Holland. It's not illegal in Germany where I actually spend most of my time. I neglected to realize it was probably a stupid thing to be doing given the amount of police around.

"I was very cavalier about the gigs I've been doing. I think it was only a matter of time before they got a little too big and a little too loud -- there's a difference between a circle of 20 people and a crowd of 200."

"I feel a degree of humility in the face of being carted off by a bunch of foreign police," adds Palmer, thankful she was only briefly held at a police station before being fined and released.

Thanks for sharing, seems it was the alcohol and not the playing near the war memorial that did it!

Well I wouldn't argue with that cop, although I'd probably try and outrun him/her, better chance there!

Looks like an ohana. Possibly a sopranino?

Top Bottom