PDA

View Full Version : Kala Kiwi Ukulele c string issue?

Joeee
05-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the uke and I recently bought my first, the Kala Kiwi. I love it but its giving

me some unpleasent sounds coming from the c string(i wouldnt say buzz but more a

whine when i hold the first fret down its not bad open stringed but not acceptable :s).

Its new out of the box and i was wondering if this is a problem. i just wanna know if its
the uke or is it something fixable cause ill just exchange it.

ps Is the lanikai lu-20 comparible Sorry for the stupid questions i just want the right advie :)

Joe

Gmoney
05-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Sounds like you might have a slight problem at the "nut" - the part that the string passes over to the tuners. Very common w/these ukes "out of the box". The Lanikai LU21P is probably most "compatible" or equivalent to your Kala. If you bought it from a local shop, you could take it back & ask them to slightly file the C "nut slot" which might need a slight adjustment.

Hope this helps!

Joeee
05-13-2011, 10:01 AM
thank you Gmoney,

I got it at long and mcquade so i think im gonna try something different, im gonna go for the pineapple look and see if it gives me the same problem.

Thanks again :)

mm stan
05-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Aloha Joee,
Welocme to the UU and our forums....take it back and exchange it..it's under warranty...next time try it before you buy it....and see how it sounds...Good Luck and Happy Strummings MM Stan
All Ukes are not made equal....even the same brands and models made the same time by the same person....so many variables in the process and Materials...