Strap Idea! Kala Pocket Ukulele

Meestersteph

Reaction score
Pardon me if I posted this in the wrong area since this is only my second post, but I did include a video so I figured it would fit in here.

Anyways, I was stuck trying to find a strap that wouldn't mar the finish of my new pocket uke, and at the same time be comfortable enough to wear for longer periods of time (shoestring friction on the back of your neck isn't fun), so I rummaged through my closet and found a Nikon strap I wasn't using. I decided to give it a shot and this was the result:

Sits perfectly and feels comfortable enough to wear for at least an hour of nonstop playing :). Here are some pictures:

ukulele-strap-1.jpg

ukulele-strap-2.jpg

ukulele-strap-3.jpg

Last edited:
Your photography skills are soooooo good! What camera do you use? (Assuming it's a Nikon)

Also, the strap positioning looks innovative, but wouldn't it be a little uncomfortable when you do chunkings?

Your photography skills are soooooo good! What camera do you use? (Assuming it's a Nikon)

Also, the strap positioning looks innovative, but wouldn't it be a little uncomfortable when you do chunkings?

Thanks man! I'm currently using a D7000, but I'm looking to upgrade to a D700 or its successor in the near future (full frame). Do you do photography too? As for chunking, actually it isn't as uncomfortable as it would look with the strap position. If I ever get the hang of this pocket uke, I'll do a proper song with chunking so you can see :)

man, is that a spa in your bedroom?????!!!! WOW!!!

Yeah LOL. Well its a jacuzzi with 6 jets, and the pink was a color I didn't have a say in, hahah.

eh nice idea! just by looking at ur pic it looks like we have at least 3 things in common... Ukulele, Photography, and airsoft. Shoots! :shaka:

Nice! Yeah I'm a big photography fan, hahah. What do you shoot with (camera)? What airsoft rifles do you have as well? I just sold me MP5k and picked up another M4A1 XD.

Thanks man! I'm currently using a D7000, but I'm looking to upgrade to a D700 or its successor in the near future (full frame). Do you do photography too? As for chunking, actually it isn't as uncomfortable as it would look with the strap position. If I ever get the hang of this pocket uke, I'll do a proper song with chunking so you can see :)

Yeah LOL. Well its a jacuzzi with 6 jets, and the pink was a color I didn't have a say in, hahah.

Nice! Yeah I'm a big photography fan, hahah. What do you shoot with (camera)? What airsoft rifles do you have as well? I just sold me MP5k and picked up another M4A1 XD.

I haz a canon 60D with me, but i'm not that into photography. Does that add up??

No! :stop: the pink is the drawcard. I'm thinking the ladies would love that pink ensemble...a man in touch with his feminine side would be very appealing ...he he :p

Totally agreed! I guess a touch of pink wouldn't hurt here and there XD.

Almost been a week since I've had the strap on and it's holding up just fine. No scratching on the body and it's perfectly comfortable around the neck. Not to mention, the Aquila nylguts are starting to sit in perfectly :D

Top Bottom