Gorgeous Mana 'e Baritone with MiSi pickup

revdrkate

Reaction score
WITHDRAWN. Not for sale at this time. Thanks.
View attachment 23740IMG_0810.jpgView attachment 23739View attachment 23741View attachment 23737
This exquisite cutaway baritone ukulele was built by luthier Dan Ryerson of Molokai, Hawaii. The body is rosewood with a spruce top. The soundhole sports a koa rosette. The bindings and neck are also koa from the islands. There’s a side soundhole port that wafts the dulcet tones up to the player’s ears. With exquisite attention to detail, there is a gorgeous slotted headstock, and an abalone honu (sea turtle) at the fifth fret.

Dan built the baritone (#38) in October 2009. She immediately went to live with the incomparable Kimo Hussey who “played her in “ until she stole my heart in Molokai in December 2010. In preparation for stage work, my luthier installed a MiSi pickup and a side strap button.

The sound is rich and deep. Here’s a link to a video with me playing the baritone.

It came with a fitted hard shell case that has a few rust spots on the clasps (from the wonderful island air!). I’m asking $2500 for this beauty. Hate to part with her but financial times and medical issues force me to make a few hard choices. Would like to split shipping costs with the buyer.

Thanks for checking it out!
revdrkate

Last edited:
Aloha Revdrkate,
Sorry to hear the bad news. Haven't seen you for a while here, I hope you feel better soon and your financial issues improve too....I am always sad when a fellow UU member and fellow uker lets one of their babies go....it sounds so sweet...How did aquire it from Kimo... Take Care and God's Blessings...I hope the best for you...and things work out well .....Happy Strummings, MM stan

Aloha MM stan,

Always good to here from you. I went to Molokai in December last year for a workshop with Kimo. It was an awesome experience in every way. Because Kimo knows all the people there, we were invited to kanikapila on several occasions. I met the luthier, Dan Ryerson, in the worshop experience. His instruments are filled with mana.

I'd love to find a good home for this amazing baritone. If you know any bari players, please spread the word.

Mahalo,
Kate

Love you Kate! You are still on the top of my prayer list. Right next to MGM. :)

Thanks provines! What an honor to be mentioned in the same breath with MGM. My prayers are with him as well.

Tyler, Texas? We'll have to meet in person some day.

Top Bottom