PDA

View Full Version : EugeneUkulele CD's

MiaRosie
05-14-2011, 08:55 AM
We all know that EugeneUkulele is not one to 'blow his own trumpet' - so I am going to do it -

I don't know how many of you know that he has created five cd's of his fab music, I now own two of them and can tell you I am totally in awe of the man and his talent.

If you have wondered about buying any of his cd's I would say stop wondering and treat yourself to one of them - they are stacked full of really great songs, played and sung really well, and with a range that covers well known oldies, humourous ones I'd certainly never heard of before ( Shaving cream ! ) etc etc, there is something for everyone.

To be honest, if you love the Uke you will love these cd's. Send the man a pm and treat yourself to something you will enjoy over and over again. I know I will be getting the rest of them in !!

Don't mean to embarrass you Eugene, but it's only fair that these guys know the cd's are available :D

mm stan
05-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Aloha Miarosie,
Eugene has been keeping a secret...he has some awesome CD's....I'm sure he can sell them easily and build back his bank account....he is going through some rough times...we can help you
bruddah...

ukuloonie
05-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Is there a link that you could go to,
I couldn't see one on his youtube account?

MiaRosie
05-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't think he has one Ukuloonie - I think we should make him get one though lol. Maybe best to send him a pm ....

mr moonlight
05-14-2011, 09:36 AM
All this time and we've never heard a word of this.

MiaRosie
05-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Agree MMStan - double benefit possible here, for us the cd's - for him the sales. Have you heard any of them ? His youtube uploads are great but the cd's are even better aren't they - great sound quality.

mm stan
05-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Agree MMStan - double benefit possible here, for us the cd's - for him the sales. Have you heard any of them ? His youtube uploads are great but the cd's are even better aren't they - great sound quality.
Yes I think I may have been one of the first ones to recieve his great Cd's...I am so fortunate...Eugene is such a nice and kind guy....and so talented with the ukulele and singing...

Gmoney
05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm definitely in! How do we buy them?? Eugene??? You listening?

WhenDogsSing
05-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Where is Eugene? Yes, I'll buy them too...!!!

fitncrafty
05-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Aloha Miarosie,
Eugene has been keeping a secret...he has some awesome CD's....I'm sure he can sell them easily and build back his bank account....he is going through some rough times...we can help you
bruddah...

yes Eugene... Let us help you! Your CD's are wonderful and bring joy to so many of us!! many of us would love to help you..

Hippie Dribble
05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
shucks....you guys are awesome. :o

Let me work out how I can photograph the sleeves and discs, and put up some tracklists for you. Maybe I do it on the marketplace section. heck, I normally just give them away to friends or sell cheap at the very small number of community gigs I get invited too, so honestly not sure what they're even worth, or what people pay for this kind of stuff.

They are homespun records, recorded into a single vocal mic, pretty much in trad folk territory with a few tunes from the early c20th. Ukulele, bass, mandolin, guitar, the occasional bit of (very dodgy) banjo and a handful of toy instruments, glockenspiel, music box...you get the idea. Heaps of fun to make, for sure. I make the sleeves all by hand at home and do the CD printing.

I'd love to post a sound sample for you guys, so you knew what you were in for, but I really have no idea how to do it.

Anyway, thanks for the nice words everybody. I will try and post some info in the marketplace section later today. I only have a handful left at the moment , so it will take me a few days to print some more up as it's pretty time consuming...bit of a labour of love I guess... :o

ukuloonie
05-14-2011, 12:54 PM
cool that sounds great we look forward to it
Thanks

OldePhart
05-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Definitely up for this, love your stuff, Eugene. You might look into one of the indy digital distribution sites where folks can buy an album or track online. A lot more convenient for you and for guys like me who usually rip CDs to digital anyway, so I can play on the go.

John

MiaRosie
05-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I've paid good money for mediocre ukulele music just so I could HAVE some uke music - your cd's outclass them all. The time it takes for you to produce them, plus the physical costs of them on top of good music makes them worth a whole lot more than the others I've bought.

Huna
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
oh so he is a pro? I was wondering since his entry into oldfart's contest....

OldePhart
05-14-2011, 01:16 PM
oh so he is a pro? I was wondering since his entry into oldfart's contest....

I don't think he's pro as in making a living at it - certainly pro quality stuff, though. We've got quite a few people hanging out around here that are like that - makes me sick! (JK about the last)

I remember when Eugene finally got a video camera and kind of timidly posted his first vids - blew me away 'cause the way he'd been talking I didn't expect him to be that good.

I can't count the number of times I've seen somebody's video here and thought they had to be making their living with a uke, only to discover that they're cops or paramedics or what have you. Pretty amazing bunch of folks around here. I keep hoping some of that talent will rub off. LOL

John

TCK
05-14-2011, 02:30 PM

Let me work out how I can photograph the sleeves and discs, and put up some tracklists for you. Maybe I do it on the marketplace section. heck, I normally just give them away to friends or sell cheap at the very small number of community gigs I get invited too, so honestly not sure what they're even worth, or what people pay for this kind of stuff.

They are homespun records, recorded into a single vocal mic, pretty much in trad folk territory with a few tunes from the early c20th. Ukulele, bass, mandolin, guitar, the occasional bit of (very dodgy) banjo and a handful of toy instruments, glockenspiel, music box...you get the idea. Heaps of fun to make, for sure. I make the sleeves all by hand at home and do the CD printing.

I'd love to post a sound sample for you guys, so you knew what you were in for, but I really have no idea how to do it.

Anyway, thanks for the nice words everybody. I will try and post some info in the marketplace section later today. I only have a handful left at the moment , so it will take me a few days to print some more up as it's pretty time consuming...bit of a labour of love I guess... :o

I will happily post sound samples for you mate- just tell me where it is easiest to host them for you...or I can tell you where it is easiest to host them for me- we can sort this out easily. I am off in three weeks and could use a reason to put pants on during the day (other than being asked by the Police to do so).
The easiest way to do it I think is to host music on a server and then send the link to the buyer for a digital download- no overhead. Package them up with the artwork as neat little zip files and then simply send the link to folks when they purchase...easy peesy and does not turn you into a duplicating machine. It is the music that is most important...the CD is secondary probably (well, some of us musiphiles NEED the CD...but we are weird).
That said- these recordings are priceless.

Uncle Leroy
05-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Bruddah Eugene,
Share the love bro', you are a great player of the uke, the singing is great as well. I would love to get my hands on these CDs of yours. Let us know when you are ready with the details.

fitncrafty
05-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't think he's pro as in making a living at it - certainly pro quality stuff, though. We've got quite a few people hanging out around here that are like that - makes me sick! (JK about the last)

I remember when Eugene finally got a video camera and kind of timidly posted his first vids - blew me away 'cause the way he'd been talking I didn't expect him to be that good.

I can't count the number of times I've seen somebody's video here and thought they had to be making their living with a uke, only to discover that they're cops or paramedics or what have you. Pretty amazing bunch of folks around here. I keep hoping some of that talent will rub off. LOL

John

I agree with you.. Eugene sent me some CD's and I was blown away.. they are so good so well put together, the artwork is fun! I nagged him incessantly to post a video, if I nagged my husband so much about anything he would divorce me! ha!
I am so glad that he finally posted videos. I so enjoy them! Right at the moment I have two of his Cd's in my 6 stack in the car.. love them....
Thanks for the wonderful music! I for one support this new venture!! I like the idea of putting them for sale on one of the indy music sites for download.. Great idea, lots of people would buy! yeah for a new venture!!! Save you printing, paper and postage!

fitncrafty
05-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I will happily post sound samples for you mate- just tell me where it is easiest to host them for you...or I can tell you where it is easiest to host them for me- we can sort this out easily. I am off in three weeks and could use a reason to put pants on during the day (other than being asked by the Police to do so).
The easiest way to do it I think is to host music on a server and then send the link to the buyer for a digital download- no overhead. Package them up with the artwork as neat little zip files and then simply send the link to folks when they purchase...easy peesy and does not turn you into a duplicating machine. It is the music that is most important...the CD is secondary probably (well, some of us musiphiles NEED the CD...but we are weird).
That said- these recordings are priceless.

I was thinking I was on FB and looking for the like button!

MiaRosie
05-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I was thinking I was on FB and looking for the like button!

Hear hear - we need a like button !

pepamahina
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Yes please, share them. I'm happy to pay for a copy and I know other's here will be too. $10 or 15$ U.S.? Remember, there are mailing costs involved!

mr moonlight
05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
What about just making it downloadable as MP3's or aiff if they're not too big. Just have people pay you through paypal and you can use dropbox to host the files. 2GB accounts are free. All you have to do is send them an invite to the folder so they can download then you can unshare it once they are done. That way you only have to ship CD's to those who want them.

v30
05-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I really enjoyed the youtube performances and would definitely buy a DVD if you ever create one. I'd prefer that over a CD since I get to hear the music as well as see the ukes, the expressions, and see the actual playing. Your youtube videos are very entertaining.

Hippie Dribble
05-15-2011, 04:17 AM
wow everyone. you're spinning me out bigtime.

I was wondering, what do people really buy these days as far as music is concerned? I'm very firmly on old-school footing and still buy exclusively CDs and vinyl. But people say they download stuff straight off the net and don't go for the 'hard' copy Cds and sleeves / jackets as much anymore? So what is easier? I'm a technophobe and don't even know what an mp3 is. Honestly.

But I've had an incredibly generous offer from a fellow member to set up a website for me that would enable one to buy the discs in their sleeves and jackets too, but with the added option maybe of being able to download individual songs/records on their computers. Question is what would you guys be more likely to do?

MiaRosie
05-15-2011, 04:31 AM
I'm greedy, or awkward, take your pick lol. I like both to be honest - I like hard copies of cd's because I can take them in the car / motorhome, but I am impatient and so also like the download option rather than wait for something to arrive. I think, if I look at past purchases, I am more inclined to buy a cd than to download one and then transfer it to a cd myself, though able to if that was the only option. Having said that, I DO like to buy single song downloads too lol.

So a fat lot of use I am to you, I'm undecided which I'd buy lol ! Just asked my other half who immediately said have it sent here because it is 'easier' lol ! (we're a tad older than the average user here though!)

jonesjimbo
05-15-2011, 04:34 AM
I will definitely buy some of your music!

For me, I think it would be easier (for you and for your customers) to be able to download MP3s off of a website.

I think it would be easier because: it would be instantaneous, save you the time of buying and burning CDs, save shipping (you are in Australia, I am in the US), etc.

To me, it seems like a win - win if you can get them downloadable from a website. Can't wait!

I didn't know you had CDs, and I definitely have some favorites of yours, so if it were customizable in that you can download any mix of songs that you want, that would also be great.

MiaRosie
05-15-2011, 04:38 AM
I didn't know you had CDs, and I definitely have some favorites of yours, so if it were customizable in that you can download any mix of songs that you want, that would also be great.

Thats a good idea - buy an albums worth of tracks that you can select from the sound clips ?

jonesjimbo
05-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Exactly. Not that we don't love all of Jon's tunes, but we may prefer different mixes of songs.

Hippie Dribble
05-15-2011, 04:44 AM
thanks for responses you guys. Gee, I hope my benefactor isn't quivering in his boots at the work involved...you there Alex? :o

Lexxy
05-15-2011, 05:00 AM
thanks for responses you guys. Gee, I hope my benefactor isn't quivering in his boots at the work involved...you there Alex? :o

I'm here! :P

Honestly? I would buy CD's. I really would.

Hippie Dribble
05-15-2011, 05:04 AM
I'm here! :P

Honestly? I would buy CD's. I really would.

Ha...cheers Bruddah Lexxy!!! I guess the person who has offered to help would like to keep their anonymity and I hardly blame them.

Gmoney
05-15-2011, 05:05 AM
wow everyone. you're spinning me out bigtime.

Sounds like a line for a song there, brother!

But I've had an incredibly generous offer from a fellow member to set up a website for me that would enable one to buy the discs in their sleeves and jackets too, but with the added option maybe of being able to download individual songs/records on their computers. Question is what would you guys be more likely to do?

I would buy both - I've done that whenever available for all my uke tunes. Digital is easiest, but I like the possibility of "hard backup" of the originals as well. This from a man who still houses hundreds of vinyl w/no current setup to listen to them with!

ukuloonie
05-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Why dont you do both. but with the hard copies have a set limit like a 50 at first, like in ebay, to gauge the response and also so you dont have a ton of work and loads left over start small work way up what do you think?.

hopkid
05-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Dang, if I had known about the CDs before this I would have been willing to pony up a few more bucks and have you ship them with the Kamaka. I'm very intrigued about the CD artwork and would probably buy a CD versus just a download.

OldePhart
05-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I buy both CDs and MP3s - but for the last few years probably 80% or more of my music purchases have been download. It's instant, convenient, and I need the digital files for my MP3 player anyway.

Hippie Dribble
05-15-2011, 01:55 PM
thanks everyone for your answers to the question. We will hopefully have a humble lil website up and running later in the week or early next week.

I'll let you know when it's ready and the music is available. Thanks again guys, you're all fantastic. :o

shrink9
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Jon, count me in. I have been purchasing many more mp3 downloads lately than CDs but would willingly buy CDs of your music. Please keep me in mind when you are ready to sell!!!

coz use da man!!

Allen

velofille
05-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Maybe time to start up a bandcamp.com and sell em online cheap/free/whatever ?

brunette_moment
05-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm in. And remember: it's never too early to start your Christmas shopping ...

ukunuke
05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Yo, mate! Come on . . . we're all waiting. I can't tell you how many people I've told about our videos. So dish, my friend. I have GOT to have you on my iPod!

Ambient Doughnut
05-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Count me in when they become available. I'd love some good uke tunes to listen to in the car, on the ipod etc etc.
CD or download. I guess download keeps the international ordering a bit easier but I do still have an attachment to a physical CD. A lot of time I download stuff and never get round to listening to it properly. Don't know why, just old fashioned I guess?

brucemoffatt
05-16-2011, 01:39 AM
I reckon I'd buy mp3s if available, especially if the songs can be selected individually, maybe buy a CDs worth at a time. I'd only rip a CD to MP3s for the ipod anyway so for me better to cut out the middle step. But whatever, I'm in. Hey, keep it simple Eugene, don't let this fame rush to your head mate :) :) :) Your description of what you've produced so far is exactly what I'd be looking for so please don't rush out and try to change the way you do your thang.

Hippie Dribble
05-16-2011, 07:01 AM
I reckon I'd buy mp3s if available, especially if the songs can be selected individually, maybe buy a CDs worth at a time. I'd only rip a CD to MP3s for the ipod anyway so for me better to cut out the middle step. But whatever, I'm in. Hey, keep it simple Eugene, don't let this fame rush to your head mate :) Your description of what you've produced so far is exactly what I'd be looking for so please don't rush out and try to change the way you do your thang.

are you kidding Bruce? My head won't fit through the doorway brother. Eugenie's been chasing me around with a safety pin ...he he.... :p

Thanks guys for the comments and thoughts. Just an update...a humble, simple site is under construction and should be going within a week or so. On it there will be 3 pages...a 'home' page, an 'about' page (not much to say there!!!) and a 'downloads and purchases' page where you will be able to buy the physical CDs and get the downloaded version included as well in that price, or alternatively, you'll be able to just buy the downloaded version of each record.

This is pretty freaky as I never envisaged my homespun stuff would be for sale in this way. Left to my own devices i never would have considered it as it wasn't long ago I managed to negotiate pressing the 'on' button on the computer and considered it a minor victory. I am so grateful to the UU member who wishes to remain nameless for their gesture of love and friendship in doing this for me. That's the thing...I've not had to do anything. And thanks MiaRosie for starting this thread. You're awesome. :)

I will post a rejoinder in the thread when it's up and going. Cheers and blessings gang!

:cheers:

Jnobianchi
05-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Whoo! Late to the party - but YEAH - your CDs are downright amazing. I've got them next to my computer for the easy grab when I want to hear some beautiful playing and singing.

I've played them for several friends and I don't think you would have ANY trouble putting them up for sale. It's great work, buddy!

MiaRosie
05-16-2011, 10:50 AM
he's being a bit slow I think - needs a kick up the rear. Come on Eugene, these should be ready by now - you've had two days ;)

Hippie Dribble
05-21-2011, 05:35 AM
howdy all

thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. As I write this I'm shuddering in my boots, but, with MASSIVE HELP from acbot, we have got a little website up and running where you can buy the records and also with digital options for them.

Just want to say thanks so much to you guys who encouraged me to put them up for sale and especially to MiaRosie for starting this thread out of nowhere, and to acbot for basically organising everything over what was a busy few days for us.

Shucks...I hope that those of you who spend your hard earned get something out of them. I won't talk in detail about them here, you can go direct to the website and get all the info you need...

http://www.eugeneukulele.com/

suffice to say that if you enjoy old-time folk music then maybe you might enjoy these tunes. :o

jonesjimbo
05-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Ok. I bought a digital download!

I can't figure out how to download the album though.

Will it be emailed to me?

Thanks,
Jim

Hippie Dribble
05-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Ok. I bought a digital download!

I can't figure out how to download the album though.

Will it be emailed to me?

Thanks,
Jim

sorry Jim

I should have made that clear. I'll do that on the website ASAP.

Yes mate, I'll send the link through to you shortly.

And THANKS!!!!!!!! Hope you like it! :)

jonesjimbo
05-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Awesome! I will love it. It has "There was a man and he was mad" on it! That is my favorite since I have been listening.

We are heading to Italy today and I want to put it on my ipod for the flight.

Thanks Jon!

Hippie Dribble
05-21-2011, 06:27 AM
should be in your inbox now Jim...

mr moonlight
05-21-2011, 07:37 AM
I just downloaded my copy of "You're in Style..." absolutely brilliant!!

Thanks Eugene

Gmoney
05-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Awesome!! Gonna sit right down & buy some Eugene music! But first... Facebook has a new Group - "Fans of Eugene Ukulele"! :)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146906605382152

Anyone can join & I bet Brother Eugene's music machine is going to be churning! Keep strumming, Braddah Eugene, we love your stuff! :smileybounce:

OldePhart
05-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Very, very cool. I've got to rush off to dinner with some friends in a few minutes but I definitely am going to check this out. You folks keep bumping the thread so I don't forget tomorrow! (Danged beta blockers are murder on the short term memory!)

John

MiaRosie
05-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Had friends and family around tonight for supper - music courtesy of Eugene, I noticed hand tapping AND a friend joining in on a song she'd never heard before. Chevrolet 6 has had big votes, so has ain't she sweet.

I can't decide which I love most -

The fan group on facebook ...... if we join does that mean all members of the group can see our personal facebook info etc ?

Hope you're working on some more cd's Eugene !??

Gmoney
05-21-2011, 02:09 PM
The fan group on facebook ...... if we join does that mean all members of the group can see our personal facebook info etc ?

I can answer that - all anyone "sees" is what you tell Facebook to let groups see. Its basically all found on FB under "Account Settings --> Privacy --> Choose Your Privacy Settings -->Customize settings". Groups aren't like friending someone. FB group members will see you as your name is listed on FB (usually a person's "real" name but not neccessarily) but though I started the group, I can't even see information beyond what someone shares with non-friends. I would have to specifically ask to "friend" you & you accept for me to "see" anything other than what is marked as "Everyone" in those privacy settings. Hope that helps!

joeybug
05-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Love the site Eugene, And I see there are some there that I don't have, so will have to get on that shortly! Love your music and would love to be able to help you!

Take care my friend!

MiaRosie
06-27-2011, 05:06 PM
So - can we request cd themes ? :D If so, I'd love to hear one cd of bluegrass style and another totally different ..... old sixties hits ! Talk about chalk and cheese eh ?

Canoe Lady
06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
I second the motion for bluegrass.

Hippie Dribble
06-28-2011, 01:38 AM
So - can we request cd themes ? :D If so, I'd love to hear one cd of bluegrass style and another totally different ..... old sixties hits ! Talk about chalk and cheese eh ?

He he...old sixties hits...I love that ol saying about the 60's that if you can remember em you weren't there...me, I don't remember em :p