WTB: Case that fits banjo uke with 7 inch head

zac987

Reaction score
Want is in the title! It can be anything that is stable (no gig bags) and will 100% hold my Slingerland 18 banjo uke without damaging it :)

If Ingrate's doesn't work for you, you could try to see if you can try out the fit of a Gator GC-UKE. Here's mine which I found locally. It is primarily used for my Martin, but my Lyon & Healy with a 7" diam head fits it nice and snug too...

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's tough, since one isn't made specifically for this size BU any longer, though antique chipboard cases frequently come up on eBay for ukes with a 7" pot. Do what Mike and Kimmy suggest; your best bet is to look at new hardshell cases that fit sopranos and just try for the fit. My Slingerland 24 fit into a Levy case for concert wooden uke just perfectly, though I never tried them for sopranos.

Lucky you - I LOVE model 18s.

That seems like a pretty great idea. I hadn't thought of just going to a music store and "trying on" cases. I'll go to Sam Ash and try that today. I suppose I'll also try mandolin cases to try and see if I can get the best fit from one of the cases.

Last edited:
If you can't find a snug fitting case, wrap your instrument in an old pillow case before putting it in the uke case, that will keep it from knocking around and also is handy for impromptu dustings.

There are always the rectangular Fremont cases:
http://www.elderly.com/brand/138N_fremont.html
You could maybe add some fabric covered foam to fill in the gaps. Photographers use foam that they can customize easily for their equipment cases. Maybe you could make a couple of custom pillows to fill in the gaps.
–Lori

Top Bottom