What Ukulele are you currently playing?

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what ukulele you're currently playing and you're opinion of it. I need to buy a new uke sometime next year.

Thanks for the help :D

Wow you guys are ballin! That uke costs $455! I remember Kamakas costed that much when I was in high school. How much does a Kamaka cost these days?

Last edited:
my main uke is a leolani zebrawood 4 string tenor. got a great deal on it too. got it for $170 with a hard case and wack cord. next day saw the same uke at a shop in waikiki for $295 no case. the flea market is da best! haha

the one i take to work with me is a hilo baritone that i restrung and tuned to gCEA. i practice on that during the slow times at work. restringing and tuning like that isnt sacriligeous is it?

still waiting on my lanikai o-6 tenor. should be here by friday.

i use as you can tell by my screen name a Ceniza by T&K...i absolutely love it...cost a bit...but i think well worth it...its completely Koa Wood even the Fret board...

i use as you can tell by my screen name a Ceniza by T&K...i absolutely love it...cost a bit...but i think well worth it...its completely Koa Wood even the Fret board...

Sounds interesting. Never heard of that brand. Do they have a website? Are they based in Hawaii?

Attachments

• DSCF2660a.jpg
    DSCF2660a.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 31
right now im playing a koaloha concert. i like everything except there's some rattles in the tuner pegs sometimes. i want a tenor thouhg.. haha

Attachments

• 1432.jpg
    1432.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1433.jpg
    1433.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 13
Sounds interesting. Never heard of that brand. Do they have a website? Are they based in Hawaii?

they are based in Hawai'i, and unfortunately they do not have a website. I got mine from the Ukulele House when i was back in Hawai'i a few months back.

i have a lanikai lu-21 tenor the "black pearl" one.

hey bruddah how do you like that one? i am looking for a Tenor right now to hold me off till i get the Kanile'a or the Kamaka, and my buddy is also looking for one so i told him to look at a tenor so i can use it :D haha

aldrine how the heck did you get your hands on a lumanog? did you have to go to the philippines to have it made? please fill me in on the details. i may be going home in february, but its still up in the air. but if i do, and i have a chance to get one while there, that would be talagang crazy!

aldrine how the heck did you get your hands on a lumanog? did you have to go to the philippines to have it made? please fill me in on the details. i may be going home in february, but its still up in the air. but if i do, and i have a chance to get one while there, that would be talagang crazy!

There's lots of Lumanog companies in PI. There's a guy named "Emilio Lumanog" who used to make guitars for Cebu guitars before making his own Lumanog brand. I was looking for someone who can make an ukulele for me for cheap, and this guy made wonderful guitars so I asked him if he could make an ukulele. He just made them for fun but after hearing me play he wanted to do a serious take on one. Since then he's made me two; a tenor and a super concert. The first tenor was a trial attempt and he used mahogany for the wood. After getting used to it, he used Langka for the main body and Nara for the headstock and fretboard.

Langka is an awesome wood to use for guitars so he was curious on how it would sound if he made a uke with it.

I have just one of them now, the langka one. The tenor I sold to a friend of mine who refuses to sell it back... :(

You can see and hear that uke on my vid "I'll be here a while" and "Loud phrases from the quiet type"

holy moly, thats exactly what im looking for! but a tenor. sorry about all the questions. but i think im in love! hahaha.

ok, how much did it cost you? and is there any way i can order one from here? i dont live anywhere near cebu. im in luzon... cavite to be exact. so a trip to visayas would just not be cost effective.

if i find a way to get in contact with emilio, do you mind if i name drop you to get down with one of those?

3 Kamakas. 8 string and two tenors one with a pickup, the other is my favorite. a 24 year old 4 string Tenor. i want to get an applause Tenor w/cut away/pickup but that cost a lot and i dont want to sell any of my ukulele's.

haha i was just going to ask you if you thought about selling one of your kamaka tenors...hehe oh wells...worth a shot!!!

Custom Kamaka

I am currently playing a Custom curly Koa tenor Kamaka. It has the Fishman Matrix electric pickup installed. I am also playing a tenor Sound Monster made by Kanilea with a Dean Markley Pickup. They both have incredible sounds

hey bruddah how do you like that one? i am looking for a Tenor right now to hold me off till i get the Kanile'a or the Kamaka, and my buddy is also looking for one so i told him to look at a tenor so i can use it :D haha

its alright for the money, but the tone isnt that...pleasant.

Top Bottom