Video / audio advice please

MiaRosie

Reaction score
I have no recording equipment and no software: ( well actually I lie a bit, I have a kodak zi10 and the software that goes with it, plus the standard windows stuff).

I would like to be able to have an 'end result' which has a number of different audio tracks combined (possibly different instruments recorded at different times) and also be able to both show split screen video or combined visuals (main one with a lighter transparency running over the top - super imposed).

My question is, do I need software to do this or hardware ? I've had a quick look at the Sony vegas 10 / platinum software and also seen some multi-track recorders which are waaaaay out of my league and price range.

I've only ever used win movie maker (I think) - putting music to slides.

Thanks for any help / advice.

audacity is a very nice free audio recorder/editor. for video production, avs video editor is a nice affordable option that allows overlays/split screens. it has its limitations but it works and is cheap. if you feel like it, check out my youtube channel (link below in my signature) if you want to get an idea of the capabilities. for hardware, the easiest option is just to use a usb mic; however, a better option would be a recording interface which accepts both xlr (mic) and 1/4" (instruments)... i use a presonus audiobox usb.

Top Bottom