I don't normally notice banner ads...

OldePhart

Reaction score
...but when I logged in just now there was an ad for "get help with drug addiction now!"

This brought to mind several questions...

1) Do they offer help with UAS?
2) Do we talk about our ukulele addiction that much that the ad engine selected that ad?
3) Does anybody really need help with an addiction? Don't most people actually need help overcoming an addiction?

Enquiring minds want to know...

John

1) Forget it, UAS needs a field of specialized professionals.....normal addiction counselors shake with fear at the mere mention of it.
2) Self report studies show that UAS affects 1 in 3 ukulele players, with experts in the field saying the rates are more like 2.5 out of 3!
3) People do need help with addiction. I need everyone's help.....please stop bidding up vintage uke's on eBay so I can grab a vintage Gibson! Who wants to overcome something like this?

1) Forget it, UAS needs a field of specialized professionals.....normal addiction counselors shake with fear at the mere mention of it.
2) Self report studies show that UAS affects 1 in 3 ukulele players, with experts in the field saying the rates are more like 2.5 out of 3!
3) People do need help with addiction. I need everyone's help.....please stop bidding up vintage uke's on eBay so I can grab a vintage Gibson! Who wants to overcome something like this?

I have an M.S. in Addictions Counseling and 35 years exprience, I also have UAS, but I'm not in recovery for it.....I guess that makes me a "disqualified" specialized UAS professional, or would that be an "impaired" UAS Addictions Counselor? Oh poop, now I'll have to buy another uke to get over the shame of it.

Aloha John,
You might have mentioned "addicted" in you posts and that's what the search engine came up with..ha ha unless someone looked at your avatar ...lol...

Aloha John,
You might have mentioned "addicted" in you posts and that's what the search engine came up with..ha ha unless someone looked at your avatar ...lol...

Ahh, it was before I logged in, so I think it would have been picked off the general forum content.

As for my avatar - yeah, I think that fella is only 32, but he's been on meth a little too long...

John

1)
I agree 100% with RyanMFT! Also my visit to Mims shop in Charlotte last weekend has brought on a major flare up!

I imagine the meetings don't go as planned.

You sit in the circle and you confess, deep breath, you bought a ukulele.

Instead of words of encouragement, or questions about what led to this downfall, the counselor and everyone else is all "Ohhh what did you get??" :D

The 12 step program for UAS, starting with: 1. We admitted we were powerless over buying ukuleles—that our lives had become unmanageable, even after acquiring each of the K ukes

I don't normally notice banner ads, but when I do, I notice ones for drug addictions.

Top Bottom