Electric Tenor - Firefly Uklectic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Electric Tenor - Firefly Uklectic **SOLD**

This ought to teach me not to change lacquer suppliers - see photo #6 on ebay: Item number: 280678590412

BE1.jpg

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question but.......can't you just respray lacquer over it and the new lacquer will "melt" the old and make it look new again ? By the way, that is a beautiful looking instrument. One more question - why is there one peg in the bridge with a black inlay ?

Last edited:
OK Pete... the lacquer is faulty. It has no plasticizer in it and isn't instrument lacquer even though it was sold as such so it will keep crazing.... The 'eyes' in the bridge pins are abalone - that one is clearly avoiding the light!

Hi Pete. I'm tempted. Is this model semi-acoustic, that is, does the body have a cavity, or is it truly a solid body? The wood is gorgeous! Could you ship to France?
Phil

It's semi hollow, just loud enough to practice with but you need an amp to play it with others. I own the original one and it's easily one of my favourite ukes, and its pretty.

OK Pete... the lacquer is faulty. It has no plasticizer in it and isn't instrument lacquer even though it was sold as such so it will keep crazing.... The 'eyes' in the bridge pins are abalone - that one is clearly avoiding the light!
Well........Bob's your Uncle .

I can't find this on eBay - put the item # in the search field, and "item not found". The same for word "Uklectic".

Any better clues where to find it?

-Kurt

It seems this one followed me home. Gulp! That makes #5.:eek:
Phil
SF Bay Area

Last edited:
Yep, I am really looking forward to playing it. I should say, Nixon, all your favorable reviews played a big role in my choice. That and all of Pete's uklectic build videos - that is impressive stuff!
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom