PDA

View Full Version : My new Stagg L-SB Les Paul Style

FlakMonkey
05-17-2011, 07:37 AM
As I feverishly tore away the cardboard cage, I had little knowledge of the magnificence of the beast it contained. Ladies and Gentlemen, My new ukulele:

http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/67037_l.jpg

Obviously it's not going to blow you seasoned veterans away, but for my first 'proper' electric, it really sang to me.

It arrived today after a wait of what seemed like aeons, and I fell in love with it instantly. It's really good for 99, in my opinion, as it does everything it should. It looks the part, sounds the part, and it has MP3 and headphone compatibility, for those late at night practices that usually spark fury from parents/neighbours/the police (especially when your skills are as unrefined as my own).

It's also pleasingly shiny.

My only niggles with it so far are that the strings it came with are a bit rubbish, but that's a problem easily solved, and there is a minor amount of buzz sometimes, but with some light nut work it should probably be fine.

First impressions: A brilliant uke.

mm stan
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Aloha Flakmonkey,
Congratulations on you new Stagg les Paul style ...it looks awesome..Have fun and enjoy. Happy strummings..MM Stan

PhilUSAFRet
05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Congrats! These ukes usually get great reviews, so I'm sure you'll get'her singing sweetly and to your liking in no time. Loving your uke is a good thing!

deemster007
05-18-2011, 04:50 AM
I've got the Strat style version. It sounds nice with Worth Flouro's (Aquila's sounded awful) but its hard work as its got a very high action. Just been given a good tip in another thread to try and lower it.

stanpeter
08-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I'll keep an eye on this, I hope to get my black one pretty soon (days tend to be as if creeping by very slowly when you want to scratch that UAS-itch).

What amp do you put it through? I'm in doubt between a Vox mini 3 and a Marshall MG2FX. Third would be the Roland MicroCube that seems to get good reviews here.

wolfybau
08-06-2011, 12:36 AM
:iwant: congrats on your new uke :)

stanpeter
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Mine came in this week, just a day late for my birthday. It looks the part in glossy black. Some pics of the E-uke posing together with a voluptuous blonde (Ohana SK-Z22) and a ravishing readhead (Lanikai LU-11)

I started breaking in the original strings, but I'll change them to some d'Addario's I guess, since I have these in stock. I'll lower the action then also (thanks for the tip).
The other two in the pic have Aquila's on, my other one (that 's on a holiday with a friend of mine) has the d'Addario's, and they sound nice and mellow. And if that doesn't work, I'll give the Worths or some Martins a go.
Still looking for an amp, think I'm getting a Vox VT15 or something like that, the other ones I looked at OK but I want to go over the top I guess