Why six Uke hooks on the wall?

Uke Whisperer

Reaction score
Hello,
My wife asked why six hooks/straps on the wall? My answer was that "that is all they had in-stock"!

Attachments

• Man's_Cave_-_Uke_Wall-Ar.jpg
    Man's_Cave_-_Uke_Wall-Ar.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 104
I like your attitude. Haha

My parents asked the same thing when I first built my wall hanger thing. I only had 2 ukes at the time and I made room for a total of 6 uke spots. Less that 2 years later I have filled all the spots up. (except the Talsma stays in the case, so technically I have room for 1 more)

I get the method to your madness.

Maybe she was asking "why not twelve"?
:D

What happens when you have a wall full of ukes or two??? ha ha
Ceiling hooks.

Those kitchen gourmet pan hangers might work nicely too.

I started out with one hanger and now I have 9 in one room and 3 in another with several floor stands. It can get addictive for sure.

I'm (slowly) building my new man cave and one thing it's going to feature is a humidity-controlled acoustic instrument display case at one end of the room. My promise to myself is that I will not keep more acoustic instruments than will fit in the display case. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to force myself to pare down my collection of electric guitars...

John

I'd be interested in seeing a few photos of how folks store/display their ukes. I'm a relatively new uker and have only two so far, however I certainly can see myself picking up a few more.

Are you sure that six hooks will be enough?

I waited until I had hooked my wife on uke before the wall hooks went up. That way it went:

Her: We have a lot of ukes around the house.
Me: Yeah, I'd love to hang them somewhere.
Her: Would you mind if I set up an area of the living room wall as music section to hang the ukes?
Me: Hmmmm.... Let me think about it.
Me: Sure, go for it. I don't mind.

:drool:

Top Bottom