Who does repairs?

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
People bring old ukes into our shop once in awhile and I sometimes get asked, "Where should I get my uke repaired?". I don't have the time.

It's be nice to have a list of competient and willing luthiers who will do repairs, especially if the uke can be mailed-in for repair.

I guess this thread could go in the luthiers section, if a mod feels it is more appropriate there.

I've always had work on my ukes done at the Music Emporium in Lexington, Mass. They've replaced bridges for me, replaced pegs with machines, etc. And I've bought 3 of my 5 ukes from them.

Elderly Instruments at Lansing Michigan. Though expensive, they do top-notch repair work.

Ii STILL SUB THE TWO BEST REPIRMAN IN HAWAII PROBLEM IS SHIPPING BACK AND FOUTH. PLESE FORIVE IF YOU GET GARBLED EMAILS AS WITH CARPEL TUNNEL AND AMMONIA LEVELS FROM LIVER DEASEAS IT MAKES TYPING HARD AYWAY IT WOULDNT BE ME IF I CORRECTED ALL MY TYPIN ERORS ITS A TRADENARK LOL

If you're in Finland, or maybe somewhere in the EU where you just can't find a good luthier, Lottonen Guitars is uke friendly. It's not on their site, but they do build ukes in the Gibson style, and always have an interesting stable of vintage ukes in process of getting repairs. They're also members of the local uke club. The prices posted reflect guitar work. http://www.lottonen.com/uk/repairs.html

In Huntington Beach, California:

13th Street Guitars
7391 Warner Ave suite F (at Gothard)
(714)596-5050

A&B Music Studios
19171 Magnolia Street #10 (at Garfield)
(714)962-8911

I have used both of these places for repairs and set up and have been happy with their work.

This guy worked on my banjo uke:

Al Inteso
The Guitar Parts Center
41 W. Main Street Mesa, AZ 85201
aiguitars@cox.net

Last edited:
Top Bottom