MICRO CUBE BASS RX and OS6LCE ?

poppy

Reaction score
OK will it work well with the OU6, I bought the bass model as I got it for a good price and I hope to have a KALA Ubass one of these days. So I was planning ahead I have 2 amps at hone an old crate and a fender princeton chorus that will work well powered but I was hoping that the roland bass would do ok for an acoustic uke. Have used many bass amps for my guitars and they seem to work better than most regular guitar amps. This is my first battery powered amp and thought it would work well on picnics etc. BTW the bass now has a mic and mp3 input. just bought the OU 6 and it now has a misi pickup. I do like the OS ukes I have an OS OU245SWT also and its the reason I bought the 6. I have tried a few at the local shops and find I'm happy with the OS pehaps Im easy to please.
Trying to correct title to ou6 and cant figure out how.

Last edited:
It should work fine and sound great. I play my ubass and my Kala tenor through my Fender Rumble 30 (bass amp) with great results.

Thanks , the Kala KA STE was the other uke I seriously considered but the misi made the difference. Now to save up again But at least I have an old Oscar Schmidt bass I've had for about 20 yrs I can use if I get to bad an itch but Its getting pretty heavy lol.

Should work but you will probably want some EQ since the MiSi has none built in (it's a very linear preamp designed to work with any instrument) and the amp EQ will be kind of tailored around a bass. The MiSi can be a bit thuddy if you don't have something to EQ the bass out and I suspect that it would be worse on a bass amp. I use a Tonelab LE processor with my tenor and MiSi but you don't need anything anywhere near that elaborate (I already had it because I used it gigging with electric and acoustic guitars).

If you find the combination a bit thuddy with that amp just get a boss CE7 pedal or something like that so you can EQ out the frequency band that tends to pick up the "thump" of finger against string.

John

For some reason, ukes always sound good through Bass amps.
The Roland Bass RX should give you sufficient controls and settings for your uke, and of course, be perfect for the Ubass too later on.
You made a good choice

Holy crap Batman!!!! I got the Roland today but no electric uke sooooooooo I pulled out my tele and wowza , What an amazing little amp. It ain't cheap but it is POTENT for a little fella. So versatile it won't knock down doors like my old Acoustic 360 but it really can play bass and high notes much louder than I want when playing by myself or with friends! The built in effects are amazing, doubt I will use them but they are there. The modeling for amps is pure bass and if I weren't considering buying a u bass I would buy the regular rx. I believe it would be a little more useful for a regular guitar or uke.

Top Bottom