Uke Bank Account

berylbite

Reaction score
Mobile, Alabama, USA. We get all of the Hurricanes
So, I'm buying a new ukulele, yet I have 0 dollars.. For this particular ukulele I will need some 1000-1500 dollars to buy it. I plan on owning this ukulele by springbreak. To do this I'm starting a savings account for the ukulele. I've just become a certified soccer Referee to make the money. Wish Me Luck!!

P.S
I have no clue which ukulele I`m getting, but I figure that I have the time to decide.

lol, i think all of us here needs to start up a uke savings account.

starting a bank account for a premium uke is a great idea. good luck on ur journey.

good luck on saving for that! if only there was a uke rewards card... for each dollar you spend, you get uke points which can be redeemed for a brand new uke! haha

Thats the way I have been getting my Ukulele's!!!

The money I make from teaching kayak lessons has been going to the uke store... to bad the seasons ending:( we had our last class last week.

Good luck on your savings plan.

I had a cardboard box in my desk drawer and put my lunch moeny in it every day until I had enough for my second uke.

I imagine you might need a bigger box and go very hungry if you were to use the same system.

Good luck and congrats on becoming a referee

Last edited:
^ i did that, until my sister found out and was mooching all my gold coins, i only had something like $180... but it went down to lie 90 after she has finished'

1000-1500!!!.. i would spend 300 on a uke and go and buy chucks!!
smart idea though, i wanted to make a seperate account before, half my pay goes in one... other half goes in the other - but dont have time to wait at banks -.-

300 bucks would be more than sufficient for a first uke. But still, starting from 0 and all, you have time to decide. :) I had a "horse" account when I was a kid. I think I got nearly to a thousand before a kind lady who owned a nice stable at the local fair talked to my parents about the serious support I'd need if I wanted a horse.

It wasn't long after that that account was depleted simply from boots and stuff. That account didn't even cover tack, much less the horse. (Although I got the horse for free, which is another story)

But still, good character-building stuff, and I got to compete and win... and loose to that kind lady many a times. Her awsomeness shines still, having recently read in a local paper that she was offering homes to retired police horses.

Heck, in the meantime, splurge on a MGM beginner package and get strumming! :)

Ah right, you've got a uke to play at least during the long wait to that next big something.

Do our profiles have a place where we can list what we have? I guess instead of asking I could just go check... :eek:

Ah right, you've got a uke to play at least during the long wait to that next big something.

Do our profiles have a place where we can list what we have? I guess instead of asking I could just go check... :eek:

I know that berylbite has a Bushman Engelmann Concert because I have one, too, so I remembered it. But listing your ukulele collection on your profile seems like a good idea!

I do love my Bushmman, I've been playing it for some 3 years now. Yet I think it's time I make the jump to the "supremo" ukulele of my life. Start cranking out some real music, do shows ect..

I do have a general idea of what it's going to be; Tenor koa with cutaway, nice pickups, possibly a slotted headstock and maybe a slightly radiused fret board.

The big quest for me is still, big name brand or Custom made.

That would be pretty sweet...but at the same time bad for my blooming UAS...

Top Bottom