I Ain't Lazy - I'm Just Dreamin'

ichadwick

Reaction score
Had to do some work with audio and video programs and hardware this past month, and have been working to set up and coordinate a way to capture and edit conference video presentations. In the process of learning to use all this stuff, I recorded myself playing this song, written in 1934 by Dave Franklin.

It's my first YouTube singing/playing video. I was having fun experimenting with the special effects in Corel's Video Studio X4, so that's why they're in the video. It's all done on three baritone instruments.

Sound is a little rougher than I'd like - I have three instrument tracks and the quality of the second two is less than the first because the mic picked up some external noise, as well as a little leakage from the headphones. At one point you can hear my dog walking around in the background, click of nails and tinkle of dog tags that I couldn't clip out in Audacity.

Anyway, in the manner of other UU members making ourselves vulnerable to guffaws and critical snickers, here it is...

No guffaws or snickers here. I thought it was fantastic! You play well and have a good voice. You should do more videos. Do you have the chords for that song? Thanks

I had thrown this into my ipod a couple of months ago thinking I would have time to learn it, No time yet, but you have added to my inspiration. I imagine playing this song lying on the dock staring up at the sun with a cold beverage beside me. Ahhhh summer.

I have a PDF of the original. It was one of the song sheets I had picked up to add to my collection of vintage ukulele sheet music, and it's now on the DVD I offer. I'll see if I can save the pages as JPGs and post them here in the next day or two. It's pretty simple and the chords laid on on the sheet are good - a lot of the old stuff requires changes and tweaking. This didn't. The changes I made are mostly in timing.

Thank you ichadwick. Canoe Lady sitting on the dock strumming sounds so lovely. I am jealous.

I'm really surprised at you; aren't you endangering your position as Chief of the grammar police by singing a song with that title??? LOL

Seriously, nice job.

John

Sounds great Ian. Love the song too.

Top Bottom