Cable in to iPad vs. Apogee Jam or Amplitube iRig

tommyc

Reaction score
I am a new electric Uke user and would like to plug into my iPad for practice with Garageband. I thougth I would just buy a 1/4" cable and 1/8" adapter. However, I see that there are interface hardware options like iJam or iRig, but are they necessary? What do they do? Are they worthwhile?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the update. It appears that this device limits "noise" between the Uke and iPad? Not sure if I need that. Is this crucial, or just desirable?

Hey guys I'm Obi with IK Multimedia! :) They are definitely worth while! One reason ours are better than the competition is because ours DOESN'T need batteries to work, it doesn't take up your dock connector space which allows you to record and charge your iPad at the same time. PLUS we also have a whole series of iOS apps and accessories. We know what we're doing. :D Glad to be a part of the Ukulele underground and happy to answer any questions.

Hey guys I'm Obi with IK Multimedia! :) They are definitely worth while! One reason ours are better than the competition is because ours DOESN'T need batteries to work, it doesn't take up your dock connector space which allows you to record and charge your iPad at the same time. PLUS we also have a whole series of iOS apps and accessories. We know what we're doing. :D Glad to be a part of the Ukulele underground and happy to answer any questions.
Do you have any suggestions on how to use the Zoom H4 Recorder with the iPad2? It says it can't power the recorder so I bought a USB Hub (powered) and haven't tried it yet.

I'm sorry I don't. I don't have an H4 or an iPad. Sorry.

Top Bottom