KALA KA-ST Sitka solid sprucetop Tenor

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anything. IS this a good one to upgrade from a Lanikai Concert?

Click Here

You won't go wrong with it . . .

a good upgrade, especially with the extra from MGM.

I would say...YES! I'm currently playing the KA-STE/C which i think is the same as the KA-ST but my one has a pick-up and the body is a Cuttaway style.

The only thing i found was that like most other Ukes it took a wee while to "play-in" but after that it was all good.

I also found that stringing in the Bruddah IZ style made it heaps easier to play. If you don't know what that is its where you put the C string where the G string usually is. The G string where the E string usually is and the E string where the C string usually is. Then tune with a low G.

This method makes the strings a lot losser and there fore easier to strum.

Good luck and KEEP STRUMMING!

I'm currently playing the KA-STE/C which i think is the same as the KA-ST but my one has a pick-up and the body is a Cuttaway style.

Same model I have, but I keep mine in standard high-G tuning. Great sound: loud, sweet and resonant. Good intonation too. A good uke, well made.

I don't feel qualified to give a review on it as it is one of only 2 ukes I've played, but I can say that I'm VERY happy with it. I bought mine from MusicGuyMike which includes his set up. I think that might have something to do with it but like I said before, I really lack experience. What I can tell you is that since it showed up at my house, it has made it into my hands every single day. I don't mean that in an "OK, time to practice" way either. My Kala is one of the more enjoyable purchaces I've ever made.

Top Bottom