PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway Nov 4-6 2011

bassfiddlesteve
05-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Tickets are on sale for the 2011 Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway! This year’s lineup includes Gerald Ross, Manitoba Hal, Aaron Keim, Keoni Lagunero, The Barnkickers, Marv & Kathy Reitz, Big Jim Allen and Kahanu’ala. The event takes place on November 4-6 at the Lake Tarpon Resort in Palm Harbor, FL (the whole festival is under one roof) and features performances, workshops, vendors, raffles, jam sessions, and a luau with live entertainment. A portion of the proceeds go to support the American Asperger's Association. Learn more at the festival website (http://www.tampabayukulele.com)

- Steve

Uke Republic
05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
This was a fun event in 2010 so I'm looking forward to coming in 2011. I'll be there with thongs on...Uh flip flops! Sorry for that image:)

Mim
05-18-2011, 05:13 PM
This was a fun event in 2010 so I'm looking forward to coming in 2011. I'll be there with thongs on...Uh flip flops! Sorry for that image:)

I'll be there too... but I will leave my thong at home! Sorry guys!

5 ft. 2 and Eyes of Blue still haunts me in my sleep because of you... but I should be over it by November so you can get it stuck in my head again!

southcoastukes
05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm "in the neighborhood", so to speak, and will probably get down there as well. Made a brief visit to the Lone Star and enjoyed that event a lot.

With a little luck, I may have some of our new model instruments to bring with me by the time this one rolls around!

Pippin
05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd love to cover the event for Ukulele Player Magazine again this year.

For those of you that did not get a chance to go last year. That was the first year. This year will be even better-- YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT! Steve and the gang at TBUG did a great job organizing things. I'd like to get a lot more pictures, too. We'd also like to get more video this time around.

PhilUSAFRet
05-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Driving due West to Tarpon Springs......see ya there. Look forward to some uke shopping too, maybe some swappin??? 50th Wedding Anniversary on the 11th

hoosierhiver
05-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Hope to make it again this year. Fun festival and a great opportunity to get out of the dreary cold fall weather.

JT_Ukes
05-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Hope to make it again this year. Fun festival and a great opportunity to get out of the dreary cold fall weather.

I'm saving my pennies now Mike.. that concert Uke will not get away again!!!

Can't wait to see all you guys again!

JT

hoosierhiver
05-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Can't wait to see all you guys again!

JT

Then come up for UWC!

bassfiddlesteve
07-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Several folks have inquired about tickets for the upcoming Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway and I'm happy to report that they will go on sale within the next week. I'll be sure to send out another e-mail once this occurs, but in the meantime you can make your travel plans and room reservations if you are coming from out of town. The Lake Tarpon Resort has set aside a block of discounted rooms just for our festival, but they are in limited supply. The information you need to book your room is on our website. Here's a link. (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/venue.html)

This year's event will focus on a variety of musical styles including jazz, blues, folk and Hawaiian. No matter what your preference is, you'll enjoy what these instructors & performers have to offer. We've also incorporated some suggestions we received from last year's attendees including more time for jamming and a convenient lunch plan that's included with Saturday's ticket. One thing that wont be changing is the ticket price which will be the same as last year's getaway.

If you have any questions please contact me at steve@thebarnkickers.com. I look forward to seeing you (and your uke) in November!

Steve Boisen
President
Tampa Bay Ukulele Society, Inc.
http://www.tampabayukulele.com/

savagehenry
07-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Made hotel reservations and ordered our tickets. Can't wait to meet UUers in person. I'm really looking forward to my first ukulele event!

Uke Republic
07-31-2011, 05:47 PM
You'll have a grand time! Happy to get to meet you in person.
Made hotel reservations and ordered our tickets. Can't wait to meet UUers in person. I'm really looking forward to my first ukulele event!

JT_Ukes
08-01-2011, 04:54 AM

Looking Forward to meeting you! Should ba a great Weekend!.

JT

bassfiddlesteve
08-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Tickets are now on sale! Get yours here. (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/tickets.html)

- Steve

JT_Ukes
09-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Bump! Tickets are going fast, there is a limited number of spots!

Remember, you get all 4 workshops, scheduled so you don't have to pick!

Attend ALL 4 workshops run by some of the best working Ukulele Performers out there!

“Clawhammer Ukulele" with Aaron Keim
“Blues Ukulele” with Manitoba Hal
“Swing Ukulele” with Gerald Ross
“Hawaiian Ukulele” with Keoni Lagunero

and then 2 bonus panels....

Q&A with ukulele builders Augustino & Donna LoPrinzi
"Vocal Harmony" with Marv & Kathy Reitz

and then, after the workshops, ..... JAM WITH THEM! The whole weekend is at one location! so, why sleep! you can jam all night!

and did I mention you get to see/meet/jam with ... Mim, UkeRepublic Mike and Mainland Mike!!!! 3 of the coolest uke sellers IN THE WORLD in ONE place.

so what you waiting for?

www.tampabayukulele.com I'll see you there!

JT

JT_Ukes
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Tickets are still available!!!!

JT_Ukes
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM
HEY! Only a month to go.. Get your tickets while they last!!!!

bassfiddlesteve
10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
There's also a limited amount of discounted hotel rooms, so don't delay on making your reservations. It's a great convenience to stay at the hotel where the entire festival takes place! The details are on the website (link in signature below).

- Steve

zac987
10-04-2011, 03:47 PM
An event in my neck of the woods? Sounds good! I'll see you guys there

bassfiddlesteve
10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
An event in my neck of the woods? Sounds good! I'll see you guys there

That's great. I see you are a Mainland owner...Mike from Mainland will be one of our vendors :)

- Steve

Nickie
10-15-2011, 02:27 AM
I'll be there, uke in hand! I can't wait, I'm such a geek!

bassfiddlesteve
10-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Our big festival is one week away and I'd like to share a few thoughts about this event.

• If you are planning to attend, please consider purchasing your tickets in advance via the festival website http://www.tampabayukulele.com. Last year, we had only a handful of tickets left to sell at the gate and we came close to selling out. Buying your tickets in advance also helps us with the planning process as lunch is included on both Saturday and Sunday.
• Don't forget that Friday night is free and includes several fun events including a beginner's workshop with Julie Austin, open mic with Big Jim Allen, a "Daily Ukulele" Jam Session and a screening of the acclaimed film The Mighty Uke. You can also purchase raffle tickets. This year we have nearly a dozen high quality ukuleles to give away, including a custom handmade LoPrinzi!
• Even if you can't attend the festival, you'll want to visit our vendor area which is open to the public and features an unparalleled ukulele shopping experience. This year we will have dozens of brands on display including new lines, custom builders, vintage collectibles and lots of accessories.
• Please remember that a portion of the proceeds go to the American Asperger's Association so when you buy your ticket you are not only helping support our ukulele club, you are helping to provide treatment and support for autistic children and their families.

The planning committee spent a lot of time coordinating this event and selecting artists that are great teachers as well as performers and our festival has a lot to offer players of all levels. I hope you will be joining us.

- Steve

chindog
10-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Wish I could come, but in my line of work, I can't take off during the first few days of any month. Otherwise, I'd be right there!

decaturcomp
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Do we need a new thread for the 2012 Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway?
The artists lineup is already up here:
http://www.tampabayukulele.com/artists.html
Notice that those excellent Barnkickers: Small guitar, big violin (tm) are in the mix. Also tix go on sale July 1st so....

woot!