Pure Heart

Snorky

Reaction score
Dear friends and Uke-Family,

I live in the UK and would really love to buy a pure heart CD. Does anyone know a good resource where i can find one? It's like £50+ on Amazon :(

Thanks!

Nat

I'm with ya. Last time I looked they were over $60 (U.S.) so I had to give up on the idea.

I checked www.half.com a great place to buy CD's and books and a used copy of one CD was $45+ and all copies of anther CD were over $140! What gives that a CD made in 2004 is bringing over $140? cheers, g2

confessing total ignorance Snorky...what is a 'pure heart' CD?

Pure Heart was Jake Shimabukuro's first band.

Those albums are no longer available unless they are reissued. I've checked several other online sources and none to be found.

1073.jpg

1. Bring Me Your Cup
  2. Green Rose Hula
  3. Olinda Road
  4. Crazy Without You
  5. Ka`ai
  6. Hey Baby
  7. You Came Into My Life
  8. Juss' Press
  9. Moloka`i Sweet Home
  10. Waimanalo Blues
  11. On Fire
  12. Star of Gladness
  13. Jake's Prelude
  14. Europa
  15. One Love
  16. Mr. Sun Cho Lee

1476.jpg

1. How Can I Get Over
  2. Aloha Kalihiwai
  3. Happy `Ukulele
  4. Easy
  5. C'mon Let's Go
  6. Bodysurfing
  7. Land of the Sea & Sun
  8. Koke`e
  9. Bongo Boy
  10. Without You (I Don't Know)
  11. Into The Mystic
  12. Wipeout
  13. Let's Get It On
  14. Stormy Monday
  15. Turn Your Lights Down Low
  16. Tokada

1616.jpg

1. At Christmas Time
  2. Rudolph...(intro)
  3. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
  4. Day After Winter
  5. Christmas Lu`au
  6. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
  7. My Christmas Angel
  8. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
  9. Kewalo Christmas
  10. An Island Christmas
  11. The Twelve Days of Christmas Hawaiian Style
  12. Jingle Bells
  13. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  14. Seasons Greetings from Pure Heart

maybe post a wanted by buy in craigslist hawaii.

good luck.

joel

I checked www.half.com a great place to buy CD's and books and a used copy of one CD was $45+ and all copies of anther CD were over $140! What gives that a CD made in 2004 is bringing over $140? cheers, g2

Scarcity. I was fortunate to get the first two CDs. I have to confess that I did not know they had a Christmas album! I'll have to search for that.

I've never seen all of the CD covers, Jake has really gone through one hell of a wardrobe change throughout the years lol

Jake and Lopaka (Colon) formed Colon along with Guy Cruz after the breakup of Pure Heart. Jake decided on a solo career in 2001 after Colon won a Hoku award for Favorite Entertainer of the Year. The rest is history . . .

1965.jpg

1. Step by Step
  2. Alright
  3. Tell Everybody I Know
  4. Superfly
  5. Drift Away
  6. Stars and Stripes Forever
  7. Unleashed
  8. Will He Come Down
  9. Pili Anei
  10. No Woman No Cry
  11. Kelley Anne
  12. Little Bit of Love
  13. Serano
  14. Will He Come Down (reprise)

Last edited:
I was able to find 1 and 2 a couple years ago during Christmas. Think they were no more then $20 each at the time. I did see some that were quite a bit more then what I paid. I think you will have to get lucky to find any for a decent price, or find someone with a copy and make a copy (I think this is illegal though).

I also was unaware of the 2.5 album, think I will do some searching.

I know they have these available at the public libraries in Honolulu. I've borrowed some of them before. I love the public library system. :)

I know they have these available at the public libraries in Honolulu. I've borrowed some of them before. I love the public library system. :)

I found the first one at my local library...in Arizona...go figure.

~Michael

I think the craigslist idea is a good one. Maybe even facebook. There are quite a few of these Pure Heart CD's floating around Hawaii. Most are probably owned by people who aren't ukulele nuts and wouldn't care about letting them go. I know most of my friends had these CDs in rotation at one point. I will ask around and see if someone has one for sell.

I think the craigslist idea is a good one. Maybe even facebook. There are quite a few of these Pure Heart CD's floating around Hawaii. Most are probably owned by people who aren't ukulele nuts and wouldn't care about letting them go. I know most of my friends had these CDs in rotation at one point. I will ask around and see if someone has one for sell.

Only one? But I would love to have them too.

Top Bottom