Ukulele Tenor mahogany from veelah, any feedback

Looks an awful lot like a Cordoba 20 TM-CE. Probably made by same company for someone, marketed as Veela. Has solid mahogany top. I have one, sounds good unplugged or plugged in. Not sure I'd pay $200 bucks for one....got mine used and cheap ($132 incl shipping). I'm happy with mine. Needs a bone nut and saddle though.

damn... it does look very similar indeed...

appart the fact the veelah has no electronics, different (better looking) oiled-mecanics and given as ''whole solid wood''...

doeas that make sense according to you??

i'll ask the store seller if he knows about it anyway!

199 bucks sounds appealing, but I guess it does not include charges ? adding customs fees and freight, it might not be such a great bargain at the end.

damn... it does look very similar indeed...

appart the fact the veelah has no electronics, different (better looking) oiled-mecanics and given as ''whole solid wood''...

doeas that make sense according to you??

i'll ask the store seller if he knows about it anyway!

199 bucks sounds appealing, but I guess it does not include charges ? adding customs fees and freight, it might not be such a great bargain at the end.

I would question the "all solid wood." Many sellers see the "all mahogany" and extrapolate that to mean "all solid." here's Veelah site:
http://veelah-australasia.com/uke.html
They do not advertise it as "solid" anything except the ones with the spruce top have solid tops....will probably sound much better. More I look at it, the more it looks like It was made by Lanikai perhaps. Someone else (Like Korala) is having ukes made by them, some of the features of the higher end Lanikai ukes (like the bridge). Whichever model you like, get one with a spruce top for sound and put Aquila strings on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom