Ukulele donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

haolejohn

Reaction score
Aloha everyone!! I am a teacher in Georgia and I started playing my uke with my class last year. I would make up a funny song about something we were learning and set it to nursery rhyme tunes. Anyways it was great fun. Now I have a problem. I had over 40 students sign up for interest in a ukulele club. The music shops here sell crappy kine ukes. I mean the ukes you get in one of the tourist shops and abc stores in waikiki is better quality than what is offered to us few uke players. So I come here and ask for help. Does anyone know of any makers that do charity work? I figure I need 20 student model sopranos. I am willing to pay but would like to get donation (free ukes for the kids) if I can since us teachers work for free almost. Please any help would be great.

mahalo nui loa,
John "haupia" Eller

we had that same problem when we started guitar club. we solved some of te problem by talking to local stores to sponsor us. as well as fund raisers like car wash's with the volley ball team. There are some ideas. o and selling memberships always work to. I hope tht helps

Cheers,

Sam

Check out our "Ukes 4 Kids" social group on UU. There are a group of us willing to help with projects like this. I would be willing to buy one. I bet there are others here on UU that will help. Good luck.

Aloha everyone!! I am a teacher in Georgia and I started playing my uke with my class last year. I would make up a funny song about something we were learning and set it to nursery rhyme tunes. Anyways it was great fun. Now I have a problem. I had over 40 students sign up for interest in a ukulele club. The music shops here sell crappy kine ukes. I mean the ukes you get in one of the tourist shops and abc stores in waikiki is better quality than what is offered to us few uke players. So I come here and ask for help. Does anyone know of any makers that do charity work? I figure I need 20 student model sopranos. I am willing to pay but would like to get donation (free ukes for the kids) if I can since us teachers work for free almost. Please any help would be great.

mahalo nui loa,
John "haupia" Eller

Do you and/or your school have a web site? I'd like to check it out.
Thanks!

Aloha everyone. I am totally stoked that everyone is so interested in helping. I will post our school website url later today. I always access it through the county site so I will found out what our specific site is. As soon as I have more info, I will post it here. That info will be soon.

Please read the rules before asking for stuff. NO UNSOLICITED requests for money or donations without approval of the UU staff. The reason for this is because, the UU community is a very giving community that it would be very easy for someone to take advantage of their generosity. Letting anyone ask for donations sets a bad precedence and give the impression that anyone can come in and ask for things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom