Ukulele Gig Bags and Cases

tripl3thr33

Reaction score
So my current case is really bust up. I think i put too much things in the pocket sometimes because my zipper ripped from the cover ^^; Because of that, the cover is separating from the foam shell. But anyways, since this happened to me, I was thinking of re-covering the whole thing with denim (i have some old jeans that i don't use anymore). And then it hit me, why not make a whole new, custom bag/case? So i was looking at some guitar gig bags (i especially like the design of those ritter bags) to get some inspiration but i also want to see if any of you have any unique bags/cases to share. Thanks!

I'm planning to make a bag for our cigar box uke out of a beach towel. It seems appropriate, since it's been designated as our beach ukulele! :)

I plan on making a gig bag out of duct tape.

I plan on making a gig bag out of duct tape.

I'd be really skeptical about a duct tape gig bag during hot weather. You don't want adhesive getting all over the ukulele. :eek:

i wud def buy a case ratehr than making it, because then you know your ukulele is fine with a case...
i dont even own a case yet ;lma0

i had that same idea. since my case was already ripping up and stuff, i decided to take off the cover and found out that the case is nothing but styrofoam and thin pieces of wood along some of the edges.

i had a LOT of styrofoam lying around along with some cardboard. basically the cardboard is used as a sort of mold/structure while the styrofoam is there for the padding... it's actually pretty cool so far, got the cardboard made shaped out.

I was thinking of making one as well. I think that a lot of the ones that are currently available are a bit....ordinary. I was just going to make a pattern from a gig bag that i have currently.

I'd be really skeptical about a duct tape gig bag during hot weather. You don't want adhesive getting all over the ukulele. :eek:

I see your point. if i did it i would have to line it wit somthing. i have for some odd reason a yard or two of medium thickness neoprene. do yu think that would be a good idea or just break down and purchase a case?

I see your point. if i did it i would have to line it wit somthing. i have for some odd reason a yard or two of medium thickness neoprene. do yu think that would be a good idea or just break down and purchase a case?

wow neoprene, that would be good for protection. the whole reason why i'm making a case is because:

1) my old one is breaking
2) i have lots of extra materials (and time :p)
3) i wanted a unique looking case

i could actually just draw on my old case and screw the cloth cover to the styrofoam and it would be just good, but i like the feel of completing a project that you made yourself. i'm really into DIY but not that great at it ^^;

Top Bottom