Where will you and your uke (s) go this summer?

Uke Republic

Reaction score
I'll be taking a little break soon and me and one of mine will be in St Augustine and up and down the Fla east coast soon.
I got the tune from the first Vacation film(Buckingham) worked out to sing and play on my journey when I'm not driving. My kids will love meeeeeee! evil laugh-mwaaahaaahaaa! Holiday roooooooad....

Sheesh! I just answered that on your Facebook page!

Well if summer will ever get started!! But so far my little Rogue soprano has gone with me to Monterey CA, Barstow CA, Nashville TN, and Charlotte NC, last week. And I just got back today from a trip to Waupaca WS, back to Page AZ, and home to SLC UT. I try to take the little Rogue with me when I can since it fits in my suitcase and I wouldn't be (very) heartbroken if it got damaged.

My ukulele and I are going to Indiana.

Mine is with me in the camper as we head home to Florida for Mom's 80th birthday. I actually took it out and played it in the truck today while DH was driving.

I plan to serenade my family as long as they can stand it. :D

Well not all are FB fans and I just love being a nosey Parker, finding out where all are taking their ukes. Hey and I plan on being at UWC wichas! This is gonna be a uke traveling year por moi:) I want to go down with swamp people and play a Cajun tune after watching tonights episode. Man thats a fun show! Who's with me?!!!

Sheesh! I just answered that on your Facebook page!

Brought my Kamaka concert with me to Kauai. Sort of like a homecoming for the uke; first time for us though. What a magnificent island it is. We are midway of our trip today :(

I picked up my Kamaka on Maui, so it's first travels were to Northern Wisconsin. That little uke is happy it is finally getting to be warm here. It will be traveling this weekend to Central Missouri for our niece's graduation (I am taking the flea too, for campfires while there). I hope to do some practicing in the car when it is not my turn to drive if it doesn't annoy the hubby too much.

My Kala Concert just got back last month from Italy. It was always such a pain to fly or travel anywhere with my guitars, but the uke is the perfect size.

Kala_Venice_LR.jpg

My wife and I plan to be at UWC in Indiana... at least a day trip. I played music last weekend with Columbus Ohio Ukulele Peeps (COUP) and several members plan to be at UWC, including Dave Gjessing of Waverly Street Ukes. I won't be staying over night in the area, too much to do... but I am kicking around the possibility of getting a new video camera for recording at such events. I am using the FLIP UltraHD at the moment. I am looking at something with a higher quality lens with about 10x optical zoom.

We plan to be in Florida for the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway in November. This time, we hope to talk with Mim and a few other people we missed last time.

I'll take my lanikai for a small trip there, where my wife's familly ows a small piece of land under pines, near by the ocean...^^

perfect for strumming inspiration... and well... there is a ukulele luthier on the island, so I might contract some bad UAS again...

oleron.jpg

We'll be heading to Tallinn, Estonia and maybe a road trip somewhere in Finland we've not been. We'll head to Kasnäs for sure. It's a little getaway on the island in the Turku archipelago Anders is from. I'd like to take the Sailor uke, but I don't think that's happening so I'll pop an external pickup on the Mighty Uke.

41st Annual Ukulele Festival, July 17, Kapiolani Park, Oahu!! WooHoo! I'll be the pale-midwesterner with the big grin and a good start on a sunburn.

Beginning next week my beater Uke and I will be visiting many of our nation's southwest National Parks (Arches, Canyonlands, Zion’s, Grand Canyon, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison) via a motorcycle. Enjoying my two passions at the same time (sort of – I won't be playing while riding). I can hardly wait to get started.

Well not all are FB fans and I just love being a nosey Parker, finding out where all are taking their ukes. Hey and I plan on being at UWC wichas! This is gonna be a uke traveling year por moi:) I want to go down with swamp people and play a Cajun tune after watching tonights episode. Man thats a fun show! Who's with me?!!!

Giving you a bad time...it's what I live for...

My "work" uke (Koloa soprano) and I are going to the Oregon coast next weekend followed by Indiana in the middle of the next week for some little gathering of a bunch of crazy ukulele players or something.

We'll be heading to Tallinn, Estonia and maybe a road trip somewhere in Finland we've not been. We'll head to Kasnäs for sure. It's a little getaway on the island in the Turku archipelago Anders is from. I'd like to take the Sailor uke, but I don't think that's happening so I'll pop an external pickup on the Mighty Uke.

Toto? I don't think we're in Kasnäs anymore...

Sorry...that just popped in my head when I saw that.

We're going to Las Vegas to visit the inlaws and attend a wedding, then it's off to do the tourist thing in LA/Hollywood and take the kids to Disney Land.

Just going to the beach to drink some rum punch, play some uke and relax!

Top Bottom