G-String Tenor with Fishman Acoustic Matrix and TUSQ Upgrade + Case

experimentjon

Reaction score
G-String Tenor with Fishman Matrix Pickup and Case
Price $780 (ConUS pays shipping and paypal fees)

Final drop to WITHDRAWN FREE insured priority shipping to US50/PR/GU

After a lot of deliberation, I have decided to sell one of my Hawaiian-made Tenors.

So up for sale is my used G-String Tenor ukulele. These are no longer in production, and are getting somewhat difficult to find. The body is solid koa, with a one piece mahogany neck, and a 19 fret rosewood fretboard. The tuners are gold Grovers with pearloid buttons. Tone wise, I would say that it sounds most similar to my Kamaka tenor. I’m just more fond of my Kanilea and KoAloha tenor tones (the Kamaka gets the least play time out of the Big Three Ks).

This one has been upgraded with a professionally installed Fishman Acoustic Matrix Pickup. This is the same pickup that Aldrine uses in his custom Kanilea and is the reason it is so hard for me to let go of this instrument. The Matrix 2 is no longer in production, and is pretty hard to get your hands on now. I love this pickup, and regard it as being far higher quality than the current Matrix Infinity. I have also had the saddle upgraded to a TUSQ saddle, a significant step up from the original saddle. The strings are Worth clears High G.

The foam hardcase pictured is included. (The strap that holds the neck in fell off, so I super glued it back on.)

Current price for one of these from Ukulele Uprising is $1050 without a case. (http://ukuleleuprising.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67) This one also includes an installed Fishman Matrix 2 which was $250 installed, as well as the TUSQ upgrade. Add in a case, and the price for this uke new would be in the neighborhood of $1,300.

So why am I selling it for so much less than the street price? Well, because it is not mint. It has been a user. The most obvious flaw is that there is a lot of finish checking. It is all natural checking, the same type that you might see on a vintage guitar. It is not noticeable from about two feet away, and was very difficult to capture in the pictures. But upon inspection, it is there. And it’s on the front, back, sides, and headstock. Again, it is still very attractive from a distance. There are wear marks on the fingerboard from play, as pictured. Also there are slight scratches on the back of the neck as pictured. There are several tiny dings on the headstock, and a few small ones on the edge of the body. All of this is cosmetic. There are no cracks or separating wood. Overall, I would say that the instrument is still in good condition.

If you’re looking for a high uke, but don’t need it to be in 100% perfect cosmetic shape, this one is for you.

Trades or partial trades will be considered for watches (users welcome), but I’m not interested in more ukes because I already have too many and not enough time to play.

If you are on Oahu, there are no additional fees for a local pickup. However, I am also willing to ship this instrument to the ConUS. Buyer needs to pay shipping which will be around $35. Will take $20 off price for local sale. FREE insured priority shipping to US now included. Payment will be either PayPal gift method, or Paypal regular +3.5% fees.

Thanks for looking!

P1030892.jpg

P1030900.jpg

P1030896.jpg

P1030898.jpg

Last edited:
G-String Tenor with Fishman Matrix Pickup and Case
Price $780 (ConUS pays shipping and paypal fees)

.....So why am I selling it for so much less than the street price? Well, because it is not mint. It has been a user. The most obvious flaw is that there is a lot of finish checking. It is all natural checking, the same type that you might see on a vintage guitar. It is not noticeable from about two feet away, and was very difficult to capture in the pictures. But upon inspection, it is there. And it’s on the front, back, sides, and headstock. .......... .

I've seen that finish 'cracking' happen on a lot of G-string ukes with the high gloss finish. I've played 2 that looked that way.

my vintage Gibson is covered in finish checking, it gives an instrument character. it's still a beauty. good luck on the sale. wish I could but I'm limiting to one of each size, excluding the dolphin.

Last edited:
Just for fun, if sold this weekend, I'll include free shipping to ConUS. However, paypal gift or paypal regular +3.5% still in effect. Thanks!

PM Sent. I have been looking at Gstrings for a while now.

Still Avail.

Small Price Drop to $760, and will split shipping fees: $15 from you for shipping, and I'll cover the difference for insured priority to the ConUS. (No shipping fee for local sale.)

Price is OBO, so feel free to shoot me an offer via PM/email. Again, if you have watches or high-end knives, I am willing to entertain trades.

Clearly, I'm not trying particularly hard to sell this one...but now I'll throw in free priority insured shipping to ConUS...so somewhat of a price drop again.

Minor Price Drop to WITHDRAWN including free insured priority shipping to US50/PR/GU

+3.5% PP Fees, or PP Gift please.

Good chance to pick up an out-of-production uke with an installed Fishman Acoustic Matrix!

Last edited:
Another small drop to WITHDRAWN OBO since I've got my eye on a Herman Miller Aeron.

Last edited:
Small drop again to WITHDRAWN OBO, free insured priority shipping to US50/PR/GU

Last edited:
Still Available.

Final drop to WITHDRAWN, free insured priority shipping to US50/PR/GU

Last edited:
i am interested.
please email me at nam.mailbox@gmail.com

I live in australia

I prefer to keep this one in the US, but if you take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for loss/damage to the package after it leaves my hand, and you pay FULL SHIPPING, I'd be willing to sell it internationally.

Unfortunately, my price and conditions are firm. Send me a PM if you're still interested.

I would really really really love to pull the trigger on this one, but I am about $300 short of what you're asking (and I won't insult you by only offering $450).

It's too bad, really. If you still have this in six months, however ...

Top Bottom