Acacia Tenor posted.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Solid Acacia Tenor soon to end

Solid Acacia to end in the next day and a half. Reserve not yet met. Reserve is set at $200 which is actually at a loss, so hopefully this will sell. Or you can buy it now out of auction with a commitment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250822473159&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

3ta6.jpg

This is a beautiful example...

Lots of folks shopping on ebay don't know how ethical you are Tudorp, they may just see a S.E. Asian uke.

your probably right. But, I do have an honest name with the model railroading crowd. I used to buy/sell/trade model rail road equipment on ebay for a few years, but with the uke thing, starting all over again with that. But, we got to start somewhere I reckon. I'm kind of hoping they see it is being shipped from the US, and hopefully have a little bit more comfort that they will get a uke. ;)

I merged this thread with your original post.

This uke did not sell on Ebay.. Was kinda shocked. So, it is still available, and as you can see a very nice solid Acacia..

This uke did not sell on Ebay.. Was kinda shocked. So, it is still available, and as you can see a very nice solid Acacia..

Tudorp, as you have said in your initial posts on this venture, someone using the eBay name BruceWeiart, created a very bad reputation for Vietnamese made stringed instruments a few years ago, and anyone Googling the name on the Acoustic Guitar Forum can read the sad results.

I'm sure I heard you say that this is not the same guy, but it may take some time for the havoc they wreaked to be overcome in the marketplace. As more people own them for several years without problems, their reputation should be restored. The folks on eBay don't know your character, as people here do. You may have to offer a strong guarantee to convince them, or just forget about eBay (not entirely a bad thing, as their treatment of MGM has shown us) and sell them privately through your own website. Heck, the case was probably worth more than half of what the highest bid was.

They are certainly beautiful looking and sounding instruments in the videos. I hope you can figure out a way to market them successfully, and create happy buyers.

Last edited:
Actually, Bruce is the builder of these ukes I sell. The one that is a horrible builder is still on ebay and does very similar work, with the exception his stuff is absolute JUNK. The BAD one goes by the name "inlaidartist" and the name "Antoniotsai" a.k.a. "Tony" . Stuff from that guy is absolute garbage, and has given the good builders of that region a bad reputation undue them. Bruce is one of two of those guys over there that do a pretty good build.

Again, Antoniotsai a.k.a inlaidartist, a.k.a. Tony is the guy that builds and sends out the garbage. When you have an issue with his stuff, he will simply not respond to you anylonger.

But yes, as you said, that is why myself and Bruce built a business relationship in hopes that I can help him overcome what the other guy did to their work, especially over here in the USA.

Tudorp - Here at UU you are preaching to the choir, so to speak, but the real question is how you make the buyers who don't know you feel they are in good hands when they buy an unknown brand? Other than an ironclad warranty, which is difficult for someone just starting out to offer, I wish I knew an easy answer to that one. A lot of creative people here though to put their thinking caps on.

Top Bottom