New Pono Ukulele

steelerboy329

Reaction score
First of all I'm new here to the forum so this is my first post. Second I just bought a new ukulele. It's a Pono MPTC-E. It should be here next week. What do you guys think?

Congratulations on the new ukulele and welcome to UU! BTW, it's customary for people posting about their new ukuleles to post photos for the rest of us to drool over. :)

Aloha Steelerboy329,
Welcome to the UU and our forums..Congratulations on the new Pono...Have Fun and enjoy both...Happy Strummings, MM Stan
Now the excruciating wait...sheesh..

I think you done good! Welcome to the obsession!

I purchaced a Pono tenor PTO-E a couple of years ago. Couldn't be happier. Beautiful instrument. Lovely tone.
Now, you'll just have to get used to saying,
"Hi, I'm Steeler Boy. I play the ukulele."

Congratulations on the new uke.

Regards,
Ray

Welcome steelerboy. As Mark has mentioned before, be sure to post pics when it arrives.

I am guessing from the model letters that it is a maple tenor cutaway with a pickup? They sure are pretty.

The only Pono I have ever played or heard played up close is an 8 string tenor belonging to my friend and uke mentor Bob Cutler. It looks and sounds VERY nice.

Welcome to UU and congrats on the Pono. I have never had a Pono but have played them in the music store and liked them a lot.

Welcome to UU! Ko'olau's Pono is one sweet family of ukes. I've not owned one, but played several & the workmanship is great & the tone sweet. Should give you lots of enjoyment. Pretty sure it won't be your last uke, but since its your first, be sure wear that smile proudly as that baby sings to you.

Strumming to nirvanna!

Congrats Steelerboy from a former Bridgevilleboy. I just got a Pono MCD E about 2 weeks ago and am thrilled with it. A wire from the pickup is touching the top that I have to move/have moved, but it sounds amazing plugged or unplugged, light, feels good. Came with Worth Clears....I'm still iffy about them, but still sounds great.

Welcome to the Pono club! We own and perform with four of them...

Baritone mahogany deluxe
Baritone spruce top with macasser ebony body
Tenor solid Koa
Tenor spruce top with macasser ebony body.

I absolutely love them. The adjustable truss rods are a blessing, the necks are fast, I love the lower profile frets, and the construction is great.

Three have MiSi pickups. The Bari spruce has a Fishman active infinity pickup which I installed myself. They are great instruments.

Mike

Aloha steelerboy, welcome to UU. Congratulations on your Pono uke!

Thanks for all of the comments guys. I've been playing uke for about a year and have a Lanikai SM-CE so this will technically be my second uke. Oh and I will be sure to post some pics when it arrives.

Top Bottom