Eddie Vedder - Ukulele Songs THE BOOK

Definitely buying this book. I love Eddie Vedder in a very heterosexual way haha

Awesome!!!!

What does it mean "music charts" for the songs? Is music chart another way to say music notation? If it doesn't have music notation how do you figure out the tune?

So everyone knows...

I just ordered the book. It comes with his new CD also. But, what I did not expect was that when I ordered it I got an email with a PDF of the book! It's not the full book, just the song charts. It's not going to ship til sometime this month (no date on the release though). From the PDF looks like it is a really nice hardcover book.

It's worth the money! I think it came to $37 after shipping.

So everyone knows...

I just ordered the book. It comes with his new CD also. But, what I did not expect was that when I ordered it I got an email with a PDF of the book! It's not the full book, just the song charts. It's not going to ship til sometime this month (no date on the release though). From the PDF looks like it is a really nice hardcover book.

It's worth the money! I think it came to $37 after shipping.

Thanks for the report, pedalfreak. I'm a beginner, have been playing a couple of months - do you think these songs are way out of my league? I've heard the CD (via NPR - thx!).

No, chord wise they are pretty simple songs. Strumming may be the harder part, but they shouldn't be too tough. Looks like the preorder books are going to be a limited edition. The PDF version shows a 3 digit number stamped on the back of it. If you like the songs it looks to be worth the price. 100+ pages, with photos of his ukes, a "how to" in the beginning, etc.

some songs are difficult, ed throws in some triple strums in funny places and there's some tricky plucking in some tunes. some songs are simple and sweet, 'longing to belong' and 'you're true' are in 'C' and have easy progressions, but there's nothing here too intricate. anyone here can play uke like ed with some practice, but nobody, practice or not, can touch that voice.
i go practice now. jc

Thanks, pedalfreak and Jlester. I'm going to order this, via amazon, where it's slightly less expensive, and where I have some $ to burn from completing surveys. I probably will not get the digital booklet, though, but will get the cd and hardcover book.

Thanks for giving this noob the guts to get this!

Its a great album btw - I reviewed it today here - http://www.gotaukulele.com/2011/06/eddie-vedder-ukulele-songs-review.html

Sadly, did not get the limited edition with song book - though to be honest, I thought that only came with the vinyl version (perhaps that is just in the UK)

Well worth a listen if you get the chance - not what I expected - very graceful and laid back. Nice for relaxing on a summers day.

It looks like you have to buy a membership to Pearl Jam's Ten Club to purchase this. When I clicked the link provided by pedalfreak, then selected buy, it directed me to a page to buy a membership. If you don't have to buy a membership, please advise what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

It looks like you have to buy a membership to Pearl Jam's Ten Club to purchase this. When I clicked the link provided by pedalfreak, then selected buy, it directed me to a page to buy a membership. If you don't have to buy a membership, please advise what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

No, you do not have to buy a membership. Just go through the new account process without buying the membership and then confirm the new account via the email they send you. You will then be able to go back and buy the book/cd.

Thanks ukukimmy! I followed the process and was able to get on the website, but I am not getting an error message "504 Gateway Time-out" when I click on the "goods" page, so I e-mailed the ten club folks. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Thanks ukukimmy! I followed the process and was able to get on the website, but I am not getting an error message "504 Gateway Time-out" when I click on the "goods" page, so I e-mailed the ten club folks. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Hmmm...I just went to the link PedalFreak sent out and processed payment:

Thank you for your order. You will receive email confirmation shortly.

EDDIE VEDDER UKULELE SONGS DELUXE SONGBOOK PRESALE 1 0 0 $29.99 Grand Total $37.49

I'd try it again...your request basically timed out somewhere up the server ladder.

I had to sign up for a membership to the Ten Club to buy the CD with book, but it looked to me that the membership was free. I'm not sure why you think you were being charged for it; I didn't see anythng on the website or during the sign-up process that asked for money. And when you're signing up for the membership, you can opt out of the email notifications that come with it.

Debating if I should buy the book or just the CD...does he play low g or high g??

This happened when I tried it this morning. I tried again in the afternoon and was able to order the book. So perhaps try to order at different times and see if it goes through.

Top Bottom