PDA

View Full Version : eugene ukulele: NEW WEBSITE AND UKE CDs

Hippie Dribble
05-21-2011, 04:38 PM
hi gang

just wanted you all to know that , with the help of a very generous member, and at the encouragement of some UU members and friends, I have a new website up and running that has a range of ukulele based CD recordings for sale.

The website has the titles, descriptions and track listings available. You are able to purchase either digital download versions or the hard copy CD with full cover, sleeve and label art, and which includes the digital file.

Old time, folk, bluegrass, vaudeville, tin pan alley, novelty, blues and children's songs is the territory you'll be trawling.

The link to the site is here: http://www.eugeneukulele.com/

Thanks for taking a look everyone. :)

Gmoney
05-21-2011, 04:49 PM
So cool, brother! And... unless Eugene asks me to remove it, you can also join the "Fans of Eugene Ukulele" on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_146906605382152

I started the goup as just a way of saying thanks to our crooning friend from Taz. It is another vehicle to point people to the great talent we have in our midst.

(on FB, I'm Glenn Fincher - my given name & if you join the FB group, you will be listed as a member by your FB name as well. And, don't worry, folks on FB can't "see" anything you don't already share with "Everyone" on FB.)

fitncrafty
05-21-2011, 04:54 PM
As I have said before. So happy for you eugene.. Thanks for sharing your awesomeness with all of us!!

mm stan
05-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Aloha Eugene,
Hey Matey, Wow wee..Congratualtions on your new site...it looks totally awesome...thank you for sharing...MM Stan

markophonic
05-21-2011, 07:36 PM
PayPal coming your way...

Looking forward to it...

Mark

janeray1940
05-21-2011, 07:40 PM
So great that you're doing this! I'll be Paypaling your way just as soon as I recover from this past month's quadruple-digit car repairs (ouch!).

TCK
05-21-2011, 09:16 PM
80,000+ tunes on three different hard drives. Vinyl, Cassette, CD...there is a ton of music in this house. After 25 years of rabidly collecting everything that has caught my ear, I can safely say that my addiction is getting troublesome. I have gotten music from folks from all around the world, but my favorites are a few CD's that showed up when I commented on a post here.
There is something so special caught in these CD's...something that I think speaks to why all of us play the Ukulele, and I thank you for bringing it to all of us. A bit of joy we are all looking for and seem to get when we strum- you nail that mate.
I practice 4 hours every day and will never be a spot, but at least I am inspired right?
Truly the best thing to happen to Ukulele since Ike taught us to run all the chords together...good on ya mate for going "live" with it. You're a treasure.
Over-joyed at seeing this go "live". Best wishes on this endeavor and all that follow mate-
I hope you will be pleased to know that "Songs for Cuddling and Canoodling" is one of my "desert Island" picks. I am not sure what Canoodling is, but I like the sound of it.
Cheers
Dave

roxhum
05-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Nicely done. Easy to maneuver. This is such an awesome step for you. You can spread the love John. Congrats!!!

Doc_J
05-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Very nice Eugene (Jon). (what do you prefer?)

Really enjoyed listening to Shine Away Your Bluesies album.

Keep up the great work!

Doc_J (Hodge)

Maiyah888
05-22-2011, 11:52 AM
This is such a fabulous transformation for you!

Congratulations!

Tack
05-22-2011, 01:09 PM
About bloody time too mate!
Finally I can get my Eugene fix when on the road. :D
HEARTFELT congratulations.....

v30
05-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Was just looking down through the albums and probably my favorite tune "nobody knows you".....I don't see it on any album, wusup with that?
(kinda funny because I was singing it all day and had never heard it before until I saw Eugenes youtube videos)

Hippie Dribble
05-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Was just looking down through the albums and probably my favorite tune "nobody knows you".....I don't see it on any album, wusup with that?
(kinda funny because I was singing it all day and had never heard it before until I saw Eugenes youtube videos)

I only learnt it the day before I did the youtube clip v30. Glad you like my bash at it though. :o I'll put it on the next record when I get round to doing one!

MiaRosie
05-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Took my cd's on a road trip to share some wonderful music with my parents, they send approval :)

Good good luck with this Eugene, I really hope the word gets out so that others can share the joy.

Hippie Dribble
05-22-2011, 05:42 PM
NOTE TO JOHN ATCHLEY: mate if you see this, your email address is not working for some reason and won't receive my messages.

I've tried sending throught the dowmload links half a dozen times and it comes back as a notification of Message Failure every time. Do you have an alternate e.mail???

Let me know, otherwise I'll just send you the hard copy discs by mail...

Hippie Dribble
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
sorry gang. Having some issues with the download links...

For now the digital versions are not an option, only the hard copy CD versions.

didgeridoo2
05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey Eugene, Congrats on the new site. It's fun watching your videos.

kenikas
05-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with paypal link? I've tried to order a couple of Eugene's cd's for the last couple of days and it always fails when I get to the paypal payment.

I just tried it again and it went through with no problem, cant' wait to hear them!

Dan Uke
05-23-2011, 08:17 PM
With you selling Ukes and CDs, you'll be fine in no time!!

Canoe Lady
05-24-2011, 06:02 AM
I was able to listen to a couple of the CD's on road trip this weekend. Awesome tunes..great style. It really made my part of the driving go a lot faster.

Miss Michele
05-24-2011, 07:38 AM
So cool, brother! And... unless Eugene asks me to remove it, you can also join the "Fans of Eugene Ukulele" on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_146906605382152

I started the goup as just a way of saying thanks to our crooning friend from Taz. It is another vehicle to point people to the great talent we have in our midst.

(on FB, I'm Glenn Fincher - my given name & if you join the FB group, you will be listed as a member by your FB name as well. And, don't worry, folks on FB can't "see" anything you don't already share with "Everyone" on FB.)

I sent a request to join the group! Please add me! Thanks :)

Miss Michele
05-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Eugene, that is so awesome! Congrats, buddy!

Gmoney
05-24-2011, 07:42 AM
I sent a request to join the group! Please add me! Thanks :)

Added... Join the party! A member posted an almost never-seen video of Eugene w/o wearing HEADWARE! (he does put a hat on at the end, though)

MiaRosie
05-30-2011, 10:14 AM
I joined the facebook party - come on down, the music's great :D

Hippie Dribble
05-30-2011, 06:16 PM
thanks guys!!!! :)

wanted to let people know that the digital downloads are now working fine. No probs at all, so you can safely order them and I'll email the download link to you within 24 hours of the purchase. Hard copy CDs all available too (and the download comes free with them).

If anyone bought a CD in the past week or two and didn't receive the download, please let me know by email or PM and I'll pass it on ASAP!!!!

Cheers and blessings everyone.

monty
05-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Jon, I would listen to you for an hour, get another cup of tea and put on some fluffy socks, then listen to you again!!
Beautiful work with the website. I surely hope one day we'll jam together :)
Monty

Eric Blooduke
06-01-2011, 09:52 AM
This is brilliant Jon, glad you got a web site up and running, love your stuff :)

OldePhart
06-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I went to UWC and then visited friends in MO through last weekend. Came home Monday to find these CDs had arrived - what a treat!

This is really, really good stuff, Jon. The engineering on the "You're in Style..." CD especially is outstanding; it's so refreshing to hear music that has been well mixed but hasn't been compressed and tortured until all the dynamics are completely gone.

John

MiaRosie
06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Time to hit the cd store again ! You been producing any more yet Jon ?

Jnobianchi
06-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Excellent, excellent site!! Bookmarked and saved - !

pepamahina
06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
I hope you will be pleased to know that "Songs for Cuddling and Canoodling" is one of my "desert Island" picks. I am not sure what Canoodling is, but I like the sound of it.

Well that seals the deal for me...canoodling it is! I'm buying the real CD so I can hold it and squeeze it and call it "George".

OldePhart
07-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Well that seals the deal for me...canoodling it is! I'm buying the real CD so I can hold it and squeeze it and call it "George".

I've heard that the Eugene Ukulele CDs only respond if you call them "Jon"

pepamahina
07-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I've heard that the Eugene Ukulele CDs only respond if you call them "Jon"

I guess they haven't watched enough Looney Tunes cartoons to get the reference!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

OldePhart
07-02-2011, 12:16 PM
BWAAA-HAA - I don't remember ever seeing that one!

Hippie Dribble
09-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone

wanted to let you know that all the CD prices have been reduced!!!! YeehHaaaaaaaaah!!!!

The downloads are now only $5, while the CDs are now only $10.

Why not pop over and check out the site sometime ;)

Hippie Dribble
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
hi folks

wanted to let you know that, until further notice, only downloads are available.

(Will probably be about 6-8 weeks until I am set up in my new place with full access to a printer to make up the sleeves and covers for the hard copies)

to everyone who has purchased some of the music, enormous bear hugs and thanks! :)

RedmondDad
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I guess they haven't watched enough Looney Tunes cartoons to get the reference!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

And that, in turn, is a literary reference to John Steinbeck's classic "Of Mice and Men"

Ambient Doughnut
10-27-2011, 01:36 AM
All so good but 'Things with Wings' is the one that's perched itself on my ipod at the moment. Love it! Thematically linked albums are the way forward IMO! Taking it out for a run in a few minutes. :)

The Steinbeck Looney Tunes connection eh? Every day's a school day...

arpie
10-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Awesome selection of Music, Jon! The multi tracks make you sound like a 'group'! Very well done. Congratulations.
cheers
Roberta

23skidoo
10-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Last night, we splurged and got some good red meat for the grill, a good bottle of wine, built a fire in the chimenea on the back porch, enjoyed the fine autumn weather..... the soundtrack? 'The Grass Is Blue And I Am Too'. By the time iTunes made it to 'Shine Away Your Bluesies', we were carving the Halloween jack-o-lantern.... the kids were dancing around and singing along..... The best music for a great night......

Olarte
01-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, I must say I'm a bit dissapointed I wanted to get all of Eugene's cds but apparently they are no longer available for dowload due to some technical difficulties.

Eugene was very prompt in refunding my payment but I don't care about the money I just wanted all this wonderful music on my ipod!

I've just about given up on trying to get these cds. oh well... :(

ukuleledaveey
01-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Great site eugene and you are a shinning light and example for us all well done mate :)

Hippie Dribble
01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
hi gang

yep, tech problems with the downloads now unfortunately. The fellow who is running the site for me is unable to fix things or doesn't have time..not sure...he was doing it for free anyway and this may be taking up more of his time than he can afford.

I have removed the links to the website in my signature.

If anyone would still like to buy one of my CDs I can still do them up for you at home here, by hand, with color sleeves, booklets, labels and jackets. This is very time consuming and really, a labour of love more than anything..I just like sharing music with people.

You can still check the website www.eugeneukulele.com for full tracklists and cover art for each disc. Please just email me here:

eugeneukulele@westnet.com.au

and let me know which album you'd like. I will ask $10 for each record (to cover printing and postage) and you can paypal me at same address.

I have been blessed with support from many members who have bought CDs and am grateful to you all.

cheers everyone!
eugene