PDA

View Full Version : Are you still here?

SuzukHammer
05-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Let the rest of us know if you were not drafted in the rapture yesterday.

I'll assume Eugene is gone. haha

Manalishi
05-22-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm still here because like all the religious
predictions made by mental cases,what
happened was exactly what I expected
to happen:Nothing at all.Sad really,these
folk should get a life......

cb56
05-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm still here and so is Eugene. I just finished talking to him. We are both Christians who have read our Bibles and understand that it says no man will know when the end is coming. It will come like a thief in the night.
See, Harold Camping's prediction was not only WRONG, it was also anti-Bible and anti-Christlike. He might as well have called Jesus a liar.

So thanks for asking, we are all ok and still following Jesus.

allanr
05-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm no longer here. I was sure that I would be left behind but I got raptured up to heaven instead. Ukuleles look even tinier from way up here.

spookefoote
05-22-2011, 07:48 AM
I have also disappeared to the shops

spookefoote
05-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Oops I'm back again

roxhum
05-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Ha ha, I am here... Living in paradise with everyone living that I love.

engravertom
05-22-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm still here and so is Eugene. I just finished talking to him. We are both Christians who have read our Bibles and understand that it says no man will know when the end is coming. It will come like a thief in the night.
See, Harold Camping's prediction was not only WRONG, it was also anti-Bible and anti-Christlike. He might as well have called Jesus a liar.

That's right. I'm still here too. But death could come at any time, and that would be the end for any one of us. If we are ready to meet Jesus, all is well, even if we are taken by surprise.

Tom

spookefoote
05-22-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm so glad you didn't go Rox

spookefoote
05-22-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm ready to meet him, but only on a Tuesday

spookefoote
05-22-2011, 07:59 AM
That's right. I'm still here too. But death could come at any time, and that would be the end for any one of us. If we are ready to meet Jesus, all is well, even if we are taken by surprise.

Tom

I'm ready to meet him but only on a Tuesday

hoosierhiver
05-22-2011, 08:03 AM
I slept late, but there was a note on my door this morning saying " Attempted delivery, sorry we missed you"

Plainsong
05-22-2011, 08:17 AM
I once read a book that said after death we go up into the sky if we meet some random and contradictory criteria. Since it's in a book it must be true.

Not any more crazy than predicting a date for the big day IMO. #stillhere

haolejohn
05-22-2011, 08:20 AM

Word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWpQ67J130g

TCK
05-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Still here, heavily armed with Ukuleles for Armi...I have no idea how to spell that

OldePhart
05-22-2011, 08:58 AM

What he said. :)

OldePhart
05-22-2011, 08:59 AM
I feel sorry for the poor deluded fool in NY who spent his life savings to buy $140,000 worth of billboards. Think maybe that Camping fella will look after him? Nah, prob'ly not. :mad:

John

haolejohn
05-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I feel sorry for the poor deluded fool in NY who spent his life savings to buy $140,000 worth of billboards. Think maybe that Camping fella will look after him? Nah, prob'ly not. :mad:

John

tell you the truth, I want to feel sorry for these folks but at the same time, I feel they should have opened their bible and read.

Doc_J
05-22-2011, 09:16 AM
I just wish I had thought of that pet care insurance business for those taken in the rapture. :D

janeray1940
05-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Still here, thank goodness. I've got a uke lesson this afternoon and I didn't want to miss it.

OldePhart
05-22-2011, 09:18 AM
tell you the truth, I want to feel sorry for these folks but at the same time, I feel they should have opened their bible and read.

Yeah, that's a good point. From what I've read online Camping was urging his followers to leave their "apostate" churches and listen exclusively to him. Gee, wonder why? This was his second or third strike; I suppose next time he'll just mix up a big vat of kool-aid to make sure they make the trip.

cb56
05-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks for sharing this.

Word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWpQ67J130g

cb56
05-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. From what I've read online Camping was urging his followers to leave their "apostate" churches and listen exclusively to him. Gee, wonder why? This was his second or third strike; I suppose next time he'll just mix up a big vat of kool-aid to make sure they make the trip.
hmmm.... a clue!
Hopefully everyone would be wise to him by now. Hate to see something like that happen again.

Hippie Dribble
05-22-2011, 12:16 PM

:wtf:

Hey Suzuk. I'm a Christian and not a believer in the "rapture" anyway mate. I feel that if Jesus had to go through terrible pain and suffering, why shouldn't we?

molokinirum
05-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Still here!!! Plan on being here a bit longer too!!! :D

smilerandomly
05-22-2011, 12:37 PM

Tom

You guys both seem pretty awesome. :) way to stand strong. Im still here to b-dubs.

SuzukHammer
05-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I really didn't mind the thought this prediction provoked.

Still, I'd rather see it in a movie or while I'm taking a 6 foot deep dirtnap.

If the world was to end, I'd hope there would be an announcement with plenty of time beforehand; however, I really don't think governments would tell the general public. If there were signs before to confirm the prediction/announcement, that would make it believable.

Hippie Dribble
05-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Another point to be mindful of, is that this Camping fellow is NOT a Christian. He is the leader of a cult. 'nuff said.

allanr
05-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Awww. You guys look so cute down there!

Heaven rocks baby. I got a great view and 72 virgins. Hope the apocalypse works out for y'all left behinders.

Kazz3lrath
05-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Y'all who didn't get raptured are really missing out. Iz is leading a huge ukulele jam up here. Plus, ukes never go out of tune! It's awesome. Hope you make it sometime.

True story.

CoLmes
05-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey its not all it's cracked up to be up here. Booked a flight, be back tomorrow around noon.

SuzukHammer
05-22-2011, 01:06 PM

Hey Suzuk. I'm a Christian and not a believer in the "rapture" anyway mate. I feel that if Jesus had to go through terrible pain and suffering, why shouldn't we?

I did not mean any harm in my original post. I know you are a good dude and that is why I posted I thought you might have been called up. I meant it as clean fun. I hope you didn't take it wrongly. If so, my apologies.

smilerandomly
05-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Did you guys also know Camping made over 18 mil in donations?

Hippie Dribble
05-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I did not mean any harm in my original post. I know you are a good dude and that is why I posted I thought you might have been called up. I meant it as clean fun. I hope you didn't take it wrongly. If so, my apologies.

And likewise Suzuk, I know you're a good guy too mate, and no offence taken. I just wanted to make the point that the Christian community doesn't hold a universal position re the rapture occurring before the great tribulation. It's cool mate and no apology needed. Cheers! :)

The dude predicting that $#%t is a freak and the barbs that have been flying his way are well earnt by him!

SuzukHammer
05-22-2011, 01:22 PM
My opinion is I knew that was a BS call from the start.

Still, I thought about my wife and made a point to call her and let her know..... I am still playing ukulele

and I love her too.

GKK
05-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Mathew 7:15-“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Luke 21:8-And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them.

2 Peter 1:20-21-Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. (21) For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Remember, Jesus came into this world Not to condem us but, to Save us!...I live my life for God because I Am Blessed, Not to be blessed.

I pray that those that do not know the True Lord and Savior, that God will open their hearts to receive him so, they will be saved.

uke4ia
05-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I've said for years that the Rapture happened years ago, but no one any of us knows made the cut.

uke4ia
05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
From what I've read online Camping was urging his followers to leave their "apostate" churches and listen exclusively to him. Gee, wonder why? This was his second or third strike; I suppose next time he'll just mix up a big vat of kool-aid to make sure they make the trip.

THIS TIME FOR SURE!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RwooCpYJAMo/TOUs8oHTVGI/AAAAAAAAAL8/8cHu-HdIZpo/s1600/bullwinkle.jpg

Plainsong
05-22-2011, 02:37 PM
And likewise Suzuk, I know you're a good guy too mate, and no offence taken. I just wanted to make the point that the Christian community doesn't hold a universal position re the rapture occurring before the great tribulation. It's cool mate and no apology needed. Cheers! :)

The dude predicting that $#%t is a freak and the barbs that have been flying his way are well earnt by him!

I think its because of all those great spirituals you did on Youtube. That and the beanies. If there were a God, he'd agree they suit you. :)

From my experience, Grandpa (mom's dad) was a Catholic priest (He took that path after Grandma died when I was very young - just to answer the "He couldn't have been a priest" thing). I'm an atheist who sees atheism as a positive thing. That realization has nothing to do with ill feeling to what I was raised around. So anyway, I say all that to say that when you live next door to a priest in your family, and know all his priest friends, you hear lots of shop talk. And yeah, not everyone believes in a rapture. :)

However, in our immediate area, Christians who did not believe in it were in a minority.

SuzukHammer
05-22-2011, 02:41 PM
If you go to work tomorrow and one of your workmates is missing, would you call his wife to see if he left any ukes?

mendel
05-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm here because I am a non-believer.

UKISOCIETY
05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2540/5748464153_d5cd2c2d83_t.jpgMary-Anne McTrowe Sorry, I'm out of town for a few days; I'll
get back to you when I return.

Mary-Anne

bbycrts
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2540/5748464153_d5cd2c2d83_t.jpgMary-Anne McTrowe Sorry, I'm out of town for a few days; I'll
get back to you when I return.

Mary-Anne

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm still here because the people predicting the event were full of hot gas.

mctrmt
05-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I assure you, when I get raptured my email auto-response will be way more cleverer.

Gmoney
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM

And ditto here, not expecting to be snatched out of any possible tribulation, but do experience God's Providential care of all of creation. Grace & Peace!

mm stan
05-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Nothing better to stir up controversy and talk about religion...let everyone believe in what they like to believe in...no problem with that?? is there.....

countrybumpkin
05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
clearly a topic meant to ridicule or provoke some response

geetee
05-22-2011, 08:53 PM
"Down, down up, up down up." mctrmt
I'm still here, hear me roar, "Meow, nom nom nom."

SuzukHammer
05-23-2011, 02:00 AM
clearly a topic meant to ridicule or provoke some response

no. I was actually trying to have fun in what was a shared experience. The provoking a response was for fun.

It does appear that some persons don't see it as such. My apologies to them and the mods can close this thread.

haolejohn
05-23-2011, 02:12 AM
no. I was actually trying to have fun in what was a shared experience. The provoking a response was for fun.

It does appear that some persons don't see it as such. My apologies to them and the mods can close this thread.

no reason to close it. I knew it was all in jest and it has remained civil. Of course, I'm not a Mod nor do I claim to be one.

musiccityuker
05-23-2011, 02:13 AM

The only people that got taken are the folks that got duped into donating everything they own to this crackpot. Many of them got TAKEN for everything they had! He's a kook... they're just stupid!

ichadwick
05-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Funny thing that. I found myself floating naked into the sky in the early evening, then suddenly I heard this booming voice from thew clouds say, "Wait a second... no ukulele players!" and suddenly I was unceremoniously dumped on the sidewalk beside my clothes. Gave the neighbours quite a shock to see this old, naked man land fall from the sky and on his butt in front of their house. Got my underwear on backwards trying to get dressed, too. Very uncomfortable.

So I got back home, opened a cold can of Tecate, added a wedge of lime, and sat beside my wife on the front porch in the last of the evening sun to enjoy my beer. I turned to her and said, "So this must be hell!" and we clinked our cans. Probably a good thing to be left behind. I don't think you can get Aquila strings in heaven. And I'll bet my subscription to Skeptic magazine would never arrive.

haolejohn
05-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Funny thing that. I found myself floating naked into the sky in the early evening, then suddenly I heard this booming voice from thew clouds say, "Wait a second... no ukulele players!" and suddenly I was unceremoniously dumped on the sidewalk beside my clothes. Gave the neighbours quite a shock to see this old, naked man land fall from the sky and on his butt in front of their house. Got my underwear on backwards trying to get dressed, too. Very uncomfortable.

So I got back home, opened a cold can of Tecate, added a wedge of lime, and sat beside my wife on the front porch in the last of the evening sun to enjoy my beer. I turned to her and said, "So this must be hell!" and we clinked our cans. Probably a good thing to be left behind. I don't think you can get Aquila strings in heaven. And I'll bet my subscription to Skeptic magazine would never arrive.

That seals the deal for me. I am for sure wanting to go to heaven now. I knew God had good taste.

UkeSoCrazy
05-23-2011, 04:36 AM

Awesome ichad..

I was reading The Good Book by A.C.Grayling, guess I missed the whole thing..

Chris Tarman
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm glad it didn't happen (not that I had any thought that it actually WOULD). I had U2 tickets for that evening! If it had happened, I might have been able to move to a better seat, I guess...

Actually, the thing that I found the MOST ridiculous about Camping's "prediction" was that it was supposed to happen by time zone, starting in New Zealand and working around the globe. I mean, seriously... Wouldn't you think God would use GMT? Ok, that was a joke, but really... wouldn't it happen all at ONCE if it was going to happen at all? I guess having it start in NZ would give people in the U.S. plenty of advance warning and time to convert.

ricdoug
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm a Christian that understands that the Bible states we will be unable to establish a timeline for the rapture. That aside, I really enjoy performing on and teaching with the ukulele. Ric

Hippie Dribble
05-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm a Christian that understands that the Bible states we will be unable to establish a timeline for the rapture. That aside, I really enjoy performing on and teaching with the ukulele. Ric

Many cranks and cult leaders have all met the same end. This dude is just another one of 'em. Not one of them is a Christian. In this world, false prophets abound. I prefer to heed the words of Jesus

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."

My :2cents:

wolfybau
05-23-2011, 06:15 PM
what do you people mean there was no rapture???! Then where am I?? and what about these angels??

OH NO!

I think ...

I've been...

.....abducted by ALIENS!!!

I was wondering why I still had an internet connection... thank goodness they like ukulele! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RWDy6mcpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUe7eFq9lO8

spookefoote
05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the earth?