Rolling Coconuts magazine - anybody know how to get this in the U.S.?

janeray1940

Reaction score
There's this very cool Japanese ukulele mag called Rolling Coconuts. Since regular travel to Japan is just a fantasy of mine and not a reality, I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to get these in the U.S.? I thought I'd probably be able to find it when I was in Hawaii a couple months back, but no luck.

For that matter - I'd gladly compensate anybody here in Japan who is willing to send me copies of the mag regularly, or who has a stash of back issues to sell.

ありがとう in advance to anybody who can help!

Hi,

Outside Japan, they distribute it in these places :
[USA] UKULELE PUA PUA,Elderly Instruments,Ukulele World,Alternate Tunings,KoAloha Ukulele,Ukulele Supply of Hawaii
[United Kingdom]The 5th Frets,The Ukulele Shop
[Germany]Ukulele24.de
[France]Juste Codes

Also, they started to sell an electronic version (pdf) online. It has more contents than the free one.
I never bought it, but I guess you can pay using your credit card and download it to your PC.

http://www.fujisan.co.jp/magazine/1281690944

* How is your Japanese, by the way?

Thanks redBee! The digital version is perfect.

My Japanese is... not what it used to be :) I was fairly fluent as a kid and could read pretty well, but lost a lot of it as I got older. I can read online pretty well using the translator extensions on my web browser. Reading a pdf will be more of a challenge, but in a good way!

No problem!

I think it will be a good opportunity for you to brush up your Japanese (the writing is not too technical or difficult).

If you want the free printed version back numbers, you could try email RC and ask them to send it to you.
http://rollingcoconuts.com/contents/mail/
You have to pay for the previous issues but if they ship inside Japan, I'm sure they would ship it abroad too.

* I don't know if it is because of March's earthquake, but there aren't any news on when the next issue will be out.

Top Bottom