Shipping from Hawaii to Australia?

Bao

Reaction score
I'm currently waiting for my ukulele to arrive from Hawaii and it's been a week so far. My question is, how long would it take for it to ship from hawaii to australia?

Usually takes about 4 days to get to Australia, but can then take about another week to clear customs and get delivered.

Don't panic - in 30 plus transactions I've never had an item go missing from the US (including Hawaii) to Australia.

I had packages take close to 4 weeks...several times..although the tracking says it flew there in 3-4 days...what ever happened it got stuck in customs or what..
all they ever told me it went by plane in 3-4 days...after that who knows...and I shipped several packages and the same thing..mm stan

Oh damn, i was actually hoping it would come this week. I'm missing playing a ukulele these days
Ah well, thanks everyone

LOL...it always seems so long when a much-anticipated uke is on its way to you. Be patient, Bao! It will be worth the wait (unless you have imported a pink Mahalo from Hawaii because of the dire uke shortage here in Australia....)

Speaking of the dire uke shortage. I went into Allans in Melbourne last week to check out their uke range. They had completely sold out - unbelievable!

Hi Bao,

I order lots of bike parts from the states and I have ordered one uke from Hawaii. 90% of the time I receive the goods within 6 working days. Sometimes it gets held up by customs or other times the seller takes their time posting.
I find if I place an order by Thursday morning Australia time I will get it early the following week as it travels to us over the weekend. If I place the order on the weekend or early in the week it takes longer as you either have to wait until Tuesday (Monday in the US) for the item to ship and by the time it arrives it is late in the week and it sits at the airport in Australia until the following Monday.

You should get it soon did you get a tracking number? I also will avoid shopping at places who only ship UPS They might be good in the states but the service in Australia is pathetic and expensive and the online tracking info is not updated frequently. I will choose Fedex or USPS any day. Never had a problem with them but I have had 7 orders shipped with UPS and 4 have given me headaches.

Agreed with the ukulele shortage, it sucks for us ukulele players in Australia. I only see the 30 dollar mahalos and rarely few Kala tenors whenever i visit a music store.
Ah i see ltlquail, i'm glad that i ordered and payed on thursday the week before so hopefully it will come soon this week then.
As for the tracking number, i'm not really sure, my sister used her online account to pay for me, I don't have a paypal or anything because i don't usually buy things online.

Speaking of the dire uke shortage. I went into Allans in Melbourne last week to check out their uke range. They had completely sold out - unbelievable!

Hey, i'm in melbourne as well. If you're thinking of more expensive and better quality ukes, try The Acoustic Centre. They have Kamaka's there, but....Overpriced..

Hi ya Bao,
last time I bought a Uke from USA (mainland) took almost 2 weeks. Biggest hold up was Australian customs...
Best of luck :D

Maybe they do an extra good inspection..........................to make sure you are not importing any "Maui Wowie"............!!!!!!!!!!!

With inexpensive items it can be days I send a 40000 Juke a lele toookk almosat 6 weks most oif the time in customs They are goood in delibery but Autralia is now onw e of he most exoensive places to ship to FIrts of all they have the 79" rule and recently have become very very strict I can buy pre made 12x 12 x 30 boxes a that girth and height should total 78 well his cloth tape mesure said it bulged a little for the papr which will smash down as it travels and was now a 1/4" OVER THEY MADE US REPACK AND CUT DOWN THE BOX JUST A YEAR OR TWO AGO A 8 POUND 12 X 12 BY 3 0 WAS ABOUT 56.00 TODAY ITS 75.25 AND THEN INSURANCE AND THE COST OF THE BOX MUCH LESS THE TIME TO PACK IT SAFELY AND MAKE ALLL THE CUSTOMS FORMS....

BY the way Canada they also just instituted the 79" rule for you guys also........

Same story at Allans in Brisbane Queen St Mall just after Easter. Not one uke (heaps of guitars and even a mandolin) - the sales guy told me they were having great diffuculty getting them. Wonder why?

The ukuleles have started to become popular with the teens, i'm seeing preteens 12 - 15 year olds playing the mahalo's everywhere. Not many of the preteens pick up the expensive ukes though, just those coloured mahalos

My Ukulele has finally come !
it is amazing, i'm loving every inch of it. Unfortunately there is a slight crack on the bottom near the place where the battery of the pickup goes but i don't mind that much
I shall give a review after a month or two of playing it
They've also given me a Low G instead of a high G so that's something i can play around with,

Last edited:
Top Bottom