Evil bay rates will skyrocket soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGM

Reaction score
While my ongoing brttle with ebay and oaypal...I just found out with alll the new changes lisrting fees final vlaue fees and the paypal feees will come to about 13-1/2%% soon Maybe it was good i am sick and closed it you can always email me or the ones who bought some of my stuff for sales tns of stock left except USA has a serious case shortage....Maybe i should sit and just make koa cases for ukes and watch tv while doing it lol

Last edited:
Mike, you seriously gotta put together a listing of your stock and some prices. Pics if possible so we can start window shoppin.

while i am sick in bed i am looking at and talking to web deigners I just have so much stufff they want a trillion dollars to make i site I got a quarte rin my pocket its a start. Remember i started uke co out of my last liver filur and bankruptcy with a borrowed camera the Lord shalll provide

Aloha Bruddah Mike,
Howzit brah...I hope da doctas can get you healthy again soon man...we all pulling for you....so you can get your store running again at least in a small capacity...make a small list hea of wat you
get..plenty guys asking for you, you know...and like wat uke supplies you get...strings etc...Hang in there brah and I will be prayin' for ya!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery...Take Care and God's
Blessings.. there I said a prayer for you brah!!!:):shaka::music:

Continued prayers and hopes for your recovery Mike. I think you are far better off with your own website than with eVilBay. Over the years they have just become greedier and greedier, leaving little profit for the sellers. With your reputation, people will seek you out and Google will always find you for those looking.

Last edited:
thanks mike for your on going updates on your health its good to see you taking the time to let us know how you're doing. Is there anywhere where we can view items of your stock still as I would like a budget tenor uke with electrics and obviously your ebay site has ended now? Again take care rae

Braddah, Mike. I applaud your drive, determination, & integrity. I will give you any business I can to assist your maintaining an income during your physical battles. I pray for your full recovery from the medical problems & a prosperous return to profitibility in the uke business. The business needs men of integrity and fortitude. You've shown both & we appreciate your example to others of "you can't keep a good man down"!

Mahalo

In My prayers, brah! Maybe you can start small in UU and Fleamarket?

Mike what about a simple spreadsheet on the forums ? From there it might pick up, with e-mail for details?

If you use a Mac you can make a basic but serviceable website with iWeb.

Scooter

ANy "uker" near you that could work for a uke part time? I know if I was there I would offer my services! Might be surprised at the offers you get. That is something they could even do from their home computer too.

You can get started quickly with a GoDaddy account. They have templates and I found their web store template very useful. It is pretty easy for me to add items and photos, and I get automatic emails every time I get an order. They have WebSite Tonight and Quick Shopping Cart. I don't have any financial interest in GoDaddy, it just has been working for me. Square Space is supposed to be pretty good too, so check them out. I tried a free two week trial of their service, and in some ways I liked it better than Godaddy... if you don't want to customize your website too much, it is very user friendly.

–Lori

Mike deserves a website worthy of the name of the world's best seller of ukulele. I only know basic html for a minimalist site like this - www.juniskins.com , but if there's anything I can contribute I'd be happy to help.

I don't like Go Daddy because their CEO likes to go off to Africa and go big game hunting as if he has some special need for elephant meat, and then brags about it to the internet like he's some special prize to the world. Yeah, you're a big man with a big gun. Hey Bungalow Bill. Buying a Go Daddy address just feeds his ego. (Don't click on link if you have a problem with people hunting things they don't really need, just to say they did it.)

I'd be more concerned with their product rather than if I agree with every aspect of their lifestyle.

Mike deserves a website worthy of the name of the world's best seller of ukulele. I only know basic html for a minimalist site like this - www.juniskins.com , but if there's anything I can contribute I'd be happy to help.

I don't like Go Daddy because their CEO likes to go off to Africa and go big game hunting as if he has some special need for elephant meat, and then brags about it to the internet like he's some special prize to the world. Yeah, you're a big man with a big gun. Hey Bungalow Bill. Buying a Go Daddy address just feeds his ego. (Don't click on link if you have a problem with people hunting things they don't really need, just to say they did it.)

A company is more than one person, and so far, every customer service person I have spoken to at GoDaddy over the last year was an American. It is nice to see more companies creating domestic jobs when the economy is so bad. No need to punish our fellow American workers for the bad behavior of an insensitive CEO.

–Lori

Yeah, awesome... because sensless slaughter is a lifestyle choice now, thanks internet. It was a problem elephant. It flew all the way from Zimbabwe to his neighborhood to stir up trouble. He posts it using bandwidth you're paying him for... THAT's someone to give your money to. :wtf:

Look, I offered Mike some help and support during this difficult time, and gave some information for people to do with it what they like. Apparently people aren't bothered if the money is right.

Elephant hunting is carefully controlled to manage herd sizes, helps often very poor local enonomys, and often provides meat for poor villagers. It is not all bad. I'm not justifying someone's bahavior if they speak about hunting in a way that is ofeensive, but hunting itself is , for quite a while now, a very useful regulated activity that heps preserve the environment in many ways. It is unpleasant to think about killing animals, and the sport aspect of it bothers some, but the prospect of starving, diseased animals and ruined habitat is far more troubling to me.

having said all that, I am getting ready to give ETSY a try. Not an auction site, but a place to sell handmade goods. Don't know if what MGM does would fit, but since he puts hand work into setting up the Ukes, it might work. Also, sellingh strings and stuff as "supplies" for others to build with might fit the criteria also. Just a thought.

take care,

Tom

Okay guys let's stay on topic please...and keep off the political discussions re: hunting and the like. If you want to discuss eBay or GoDaddy as webservice providers or auction sites, so be it, but I don't want this to turn nasty and personal. We all have our own political viewpoints, and this is not the place to either justify or disparage them. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom