Worth Clear Fluorocarbons for Tenor Fluke Low G

Huna

Reaction score
I am looking on Elderly at the worth strings and trying to figure out which ones to get for a Tenor Fluke as I can't use Wound strings because of the plastic fretboard and wanted to brighten up the uke I thought clear Worths would work but there are so many Worth strings I am getting confused. They have Worth CT-LG and CH-LG Heavy which I am guessing would be what I would want. Looks like the Heavy just heavies up the middle two strings? which I am thinking is just a heavier string for more tension? Since I am thinking on tuning it to a lower pitch like DGBE, I imagine fatter is better. Actually... maybe Daddarios?

On the clear Worth low g options, I have used the Worth CTLG and the Worth CHHDLG. I would hands down choose the hard heavy version (CHHD) over the regular tenor clear version -- they are far more balanced. On the regular ones I felt the low g string was boomier and overwhelmed the other three strings but the CHHDLG ones are very balanced and the only strings I use any more.

The standard Worth strings for the Fluke are the CMLGs. The Fluke is concert sized unless you have something bigger? If you need some message me and I can get some to you.

Top Bottom