Fs/ft kiwaya kts-6k

strumsilly

Reaction score
I keep thinking I need a nice soprano, and then I don't play them. I've sold my 2 Martins , my koa Kala, and I just bought this from D-mace last month, and I keep going to my concert for High G and my baritone for low G, it's not getting played, so I'm looking for a new home for it. I don't need to sell anyone on Kiwayas, if you've every held or played one you never want to put it down.

This one is #22, an early one, and for some reason they don't make this model anymore in koa, they do make it in mahogany. So if you want a solid koa Kiwaya you have to go with the KMS-K, which lists for $1395.

This uke has 2 small flaws: a very small nick in neck , and a very slight finish flaw where the 2 matched pieces of the top meet between the soundhole and bridge. You can't see it too well but can feel it with finger, and is stable. There is also some very slight play buffing/light scratching of the matt finish in the usual places. Action at 12th fret 1/8".don't know what else to say, look at the picts. Pm me with your phone # if you want to hear it, don't have time for a sound sample right now.
$450 shipped to CONUS sorry , no case, but I know how to double box & pack em.
I am really pissed at paypall now and am reluctant to support them with any more of my $. So you can gift me the $ through them, no fees, or you pay the 2.9%, or figure another way to pay. Would prefer gold or sterling. Unless you have a koa concert, preferably long neck to trade, I don't have one of those.

pictures = http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/KIWAYA KTS-6K/

kiwayakts-6k001.jpg

kiwayakts-6k002.jpg

more pictures

inside pictures made the uke look darker than it is. so I took some outside. noticed one other flaw, so took a pict of it. where the side pieces meet at the bottom, the seam is not even, no crack or anything, just the way they made it.
kiwaya kts-6k 006.jpg
kiwaya kts-6k 001.jpg

and it was my friend Vince's 50th bd so I played a quick one on the Kiwaya using my crappy webcam if you want a sound sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmcjtIk_yWk

Last edited:
Top Bottom