Guild Baritone Ukulele

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Hi,

Here are a few shots of my recently acquired 1966 Guild BU-1 Baritone Ukulele. Guild made one model of ukulele between 1964 and 1974. They used the extra mahogany from their guitar manufacture for this line of ukulele. When I get a chance, I'll post some sound files as well.
It's strung with Southcoast Linears...

Thanks!

SDC11889.jpg

SDC11893.jpg

SDC11901.jpg

Lovely! I had a Guild Dreadnought guitar from that era and it was one of my favourite guitars. My envious tip of the hat to your acquistion...

wow, looks a lot like my 1963 Gibson baritone, especially the neck. bet they sound a lot alike too

.gib 006.jpg

Mike, that's a beauty. Yep, Guild made some mighty fine instruments. Now, their imported GAD series of guitars have proven that Fender has not done the company any harm. I hope they start producing ukuleles again.

Very nice, I always like Guild guitars, now I'm a fan of their ukes.

guild uke

I have read on the ukulele hall of fame museum a question dated sept 13th 2007 which says that there was a U11 later called a B11 and a B21....it refers to someone owning serial number U16....and the site seems to confuse this serial number with a model number...anyway I own U166....
You date your U520 to 1966.....could you tell me where to find a list of serial numbers so as to date mine and also what is the difference between a U11 B11 and a U21 please Thanks JJ

guild ukes

I have read in Gruhns guide that U11 ie B11 have right angled geared tuners and U21 had chrome peg tuners like those on U520...mine is a U21 as well....no just the specific year to find jj

how does it sound?

How does it sound? Does it sound like a Martin?

That is a beautiful ukulele!!!

I have a Guild F 60 (a Maple arch back spruce top jumbo) guitar from 1964 from the Hoboken shop;
I would love to have a uke from that era / location also!

Top Bottom