Well I hope some of you are proud of yourselves..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just got a goodbye note from one of the nicest members here....she said that she is no longer coming here because of the views of some...
reguarding treatment of animals and religion...I am sadden we have to
discuss these controversial issues and someone gets hurt...just to
have a heated discussion for whatever reasons.. I hope in the future
those who were responsible to contribute to this will be more aware and
avoid these type of behavior here.. THIS IS A UKULELE FORUM... Can I
say it any clearer....Sorry this is not a good day for me either...:(:(

I'm sorry for my part in this. I did not see it as a heated discussion, and that persons second reply came as i was typing mine. I am sorry to say it, but the intolerance started with that persons post.

And, are you helping now?

I guess I should say nothing.

if you want to keep it about Ukes, keep it about Ukes.

I run into this a lot , in many places. Neutrality of views is an illusion. Everyone has a view point, no one is really neutral. That persons post was highly offensive, and i thought my reply was measured, and was an honest attempt to educate on my part.

I will admit my fault, and I ask everyones forgiveness for my mistake. I did, however, heed the moderators warning. I wish others had done so also. I now know it is not ok to respond in kind to such things. I hope the person who left finds peace.

Take care,

Tom

Sorry you're having a bad day stan, but this thread is a terrible idea. If this is from the ebay thread, than the offended party opened up a can of worms. It should have been moved to general discussion forum and I don't think it should have been locked. It is a discussion forum. People have opinions and I don't believe Tom should apologize at all.

Not a very mature solution to the problem.....dumping UU and 99.9% of us for the remarks of a few, especially when it seems she may have started it!

Aloha didgeridoo2,
Sorry if you feel this is a bad idea...it needs to be known of what we say effects people and to be more kind...If you don't agree or have anything nice to say, don't respond...simple as that..
We need to get ahold of Forum ettiquette.... bringing this subject forward addresses this issue....so what are you saying, just forget this happened... a person is deeply hurt, and shes a long
time mature member....So you say these types of behavior should continue?? and others get hurt??? am I missing something here?? Give me a clue why it is a bad idea.. to protect the
the ones who was responsible because they are well like members....I treat everyone fair and equal.... Think about that one.... sorry for being so harsh...Stan
Hey Phil, I didn't blame UU and everyone, read my post heading.... when I read stuff that I don't agree on, I don't respond ...simple as that... and I'm opinated too..

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with people having differing opinions. But let's play nice, folks.

We're all members of the same musical family. Even if we disagree, I think we can post with respect and love. I hope I'm not being too optimistic.

Thanks,

JJ

Sorry you're having a bad day stan, but this thread is a terrible idea. If this is from the ebay thread, than the offended party opened up a can of worms. It should have been moved to general discussion forum and I don't think it should have been locked. It is a discussion forum. People have opinions and I don't believe Tom should apologize at all.

I'm sorry you feel it should not have been closed...but to be honest, this is precisely why I did close the thread. I'm sorry the member feels she should leave UU, I don't necessarily agree with that decision, but she should do what she feels is correct. But this is a ukulele forum, and political topics should not be discussed - for reasons of hurt feelings, heated reactions, etc.

I did not move it to general discussion, because Mike was discussing the ebay fees he encounters in selling his ukes, and people were giving him suggestions as to possible online stores. Perhaps I should have...I don't claim infallibility. I do, however, firmly believe some topics (politics, religion, etc.) have no place in a forum about ukuleles. In addition, heated responses were flowing on both sides of the issue and I didn't feel that should continue.

That being said, I'm closing this one for the time being as well. I have no desire to stifle free speech but I think we are asking for trouble with this one. I think it will just be a forum for members on both sides of the issue to be nasty to one another. If another moderator disagrees with my decision, I welcome their decision to re-open this (or both) threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom