Mele solid mahogany Pineapple concert uke

wdonley

Reaction score
Mele pineapple concert size ukulele for sale. Solid mahogany, not a laminate! Neat looking wood, great edge inlay. Looks way upscale, plays and sounds it! New Martin flourocarbon strings. Includes Mele heavy duty case, worth $70.00. Thinning the herd. $250.00 plus shipping of $25.00 CONUS, will deal with others
from the Mele website:"Our pineapple soprano was such a smash hit we decided to introduce a concert sized version. Instant success! The greater body area makes it sound almost as rich & full as a tenor, but at a much lower price! Ebony fingerboard, bridge & binding. Super-smooth & precise 18:1 geared tuners, 15 nickel silver frets".
IMG_0227.jpgIMG_0112.jpg 5/26 update - Uke is sold,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
That looks familiar! I beleive I owned this one before wdonley! It is a great player, wonderful sound. Just found my replacement for it in the form of a longneck soprano pineapple. But, this one is a great uke & sounds really sweet. The Mele neck is so smooth & makes for easy chord transitions.

That looks familiar! I beleive I owned this one before wdonley! It is a great player, wonderful sound. Just found my replacement for it in the form of a longneck soprano pineapple. But, this one is a great uke & sounds really sweet. The Mele neck is so smooth & makes for easy chord transitions.

haha. How many hands will this Uke pass...I'm tempted to be the next owner!! Gmoney, how is compared to ur K Super Concert or LN Pineapple? I am looking into getting a Concert Uke but not sure if I want a tenor neck or traditional size.

haha. How many hands will this Uke pass...I'm tempted to be the next owner!! Gmoney, how is compared to ur K Super Concert or LN Pineapple? I am looking into getting a Concert Uke but not sure if I want a tenor neck or traditional size.

So the SUper Concert has a tenor neck, but is a beautiful & great sounding uke; I'll likely never give it up. And my new concert scale longneck pineapple is a keeper as well. Since both of those are koa, they definitely sound different from the more mellow Mele since its mahogany. BUT, everybody who played that Mele pineapple LOVED it. Both Mele & KoAloha have very thin profile necks which just have a great feel to them. Mele is a slight bit narrower at the nut than the KoAloha, but still plays well. I like the "satin" nitrocellulose finish on the Mele's in general, maybe a bit more than the gloss on two of my KoAloha's. I really liked that particular Mele a LOT, but it was standing in the way of my Super Concert which I HAD to HAVE. :)

I was going to buy it before you changed your mind, now I've gotten a Pono Concert. If I hadn't just gotten the Pono, it would probably have arrived by now. Thanks for the initial heads up though.

I was going to buy it before you changed your mind, now I've gotten a Pono Concert. If I hadn't just gotten the Pono, it would probably have arrived by now. Thanks for the initial heads up though.

Is the Mele still for sale?

Aloha Wdonley,
Nice uke...I love Mele's ....I have a tenor ....great sound...should sell fast...good luck, MM stan

These are nice Pineapples. Especially since it's a concert. I tried some at thir shop in Maui a couple of years ago...very nice, almost bought it. Found a Kamaka instead, otherwise I would have bought one.

Top Bottom